all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Electric-indent inhibit empty line clean.
       [not found] <321643242.42106.1590527833171.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2020-05-26 21:17 ` Ergus via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Ergus via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2020-05-26 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hi:

Is it there any way to avoid that electric-indent-mode clears the indented empty lines after RET on them? Because I don't find anything in the documentation.
In electric-indent-mode; when starting a new line (1) it is indented properly according to the scope, syntax etc, but If I press RET again, then the newer (2) line is indented properly too BUT the spaces in the prevoius line (1) are deleted if it was empty.
This is actually a very good default behaviour, but in some cases it can introduce problems or incompatibilities with other editors who keeps the spaces to represent scopes (ej. kdevelop or some python editors).
Have we an option like electric-indent-inhibit-[something] for this?
Thanks in advance,Ergus

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-05-26 21:17 UTC | newest]