all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* To use " emacs " on business
@ 2021-07-29  0:05 今川陽裕
From: 今川陽裕 @ 2021-07-29  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi.
I have a question.

Is it possible to use " Adobe AIR " for free ?
I want to use " emacs " on business. ( production purpose )

Does it cost to use " emacs " on business ?

▼ emacs
 https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

I would appreciate it if you could tell me by using simpler words. ( I'm
really sorry... )
I am not good at writing English.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours Sincerely,
Akihiro Imagawa

* Re: To use " emacs " on business
@ 2021-07-29 13:58 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-07-29 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: 今川陽裕 <imagawaa@fsi.co.jp>
> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 09:05:33 +0900
>
> Does it cost to use " emacs " on business ?

No, you don't need to pay for using Emacs.  It doesn't matter if you
want to use Emacs for business or for other purposes, you don't need
to pay for using it.

* Re: To use " emacs " on business
@ 2021-07-29 13:59 ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2021-07-29 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 今川陽裕; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 09:05:33AM +0900, 今川陽裕 wrote:
> Hi.
> I have a question.
>
> Is it possible to use " Adobe AIR " for free ?

I have no idea. You should ask Adobe about that :-)

> I want to use " emacs " on business. ( production purpose )
>
> Does it cost to use " emacs " on business ?

No. Emacs is free software [1]. That means that you can use it
with no restrictions, in any way you need or want. You can even
copy it and give copies to your friends.

If you change it and give the changed program to others, you
must grant them the same rights you received, basically. For
a more precise description, please refer to its license, the
GNU General Public License, version 3 [2]. You can find
translations into other languages here [3].

If there are still open questions, just ask :)

Cheers
[1] https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
[2] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
[3] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/translations.html
 - tomás

* Re: To use " emacs " on business
@ 2021-07-31 15:51 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2021-07-31 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 今川陽裕; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

あなたが望むどんな目的のためにもそれを自由に使うことができます。

* 今川陽裕 <imagawaa@fsi.co.jp> [2021-07-29 16:41]:
> Hi.
> I have a question.
>
> Is it possible to use " Adobe AIR " for free ?

Even if possibly gratis, or free of charge, I believe that Adobe AIR
is proprietary program.

> I want to use " emacs " on business. ( production purpose )
>
> Does it cost to use " emacs " on business ?

You are free to use Emacs for any purpose, please see the licensing
terms by clicking C-h C-c

It is free software in the sense of freedom, not necessarily money. As
somebody could offer you support or could even sell GNU Emacs to
you. People are free to sell software, but if they do, they have to
give you same licensing rights that you can use the software for
whatever purpose you wish and want.

That is the beauty of free software -- use it for whatever purpose you
wish.

You may voluntarily donate to FSF or Free Software Foundation
https://www.fsf.org any time you wish to contribute to more free
software support and creation.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/

* Re: To use " emacs " on business
@ 2021-08-02  0:48   ` 今川陽裕
From: 今川陽裕 @ 2021-08-02  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs, 今川 陽裕

Hi

Thank you for your kindness.
I really appreciate your kindness.

I understood.

I reaally appreciate that you  tell me by using simpler words.
Your Japanese is very good!

Yours Sincerely,
Akihiro Imagawa