all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#56445: 28.1.90; Error when using Fido with hotfuzz completion style
@ 2022-07-08  0:31 Josh
From: Josh @ 2022-07-08  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 56445

Hi,

The following error message is displayed in the minibuffer of Emacs
28.1.90 when a link is inserted into an Org file (org-insert-link) if
Fido is enabled and hotfuzz[1] is the completion style:

[Error in post-command-hook (icomplete-post-command-hook):
(wrong-type-argument listp 0)]

The error occurs during the completion of a link's protocol[2]. The
error occurs immediately after the first character is entered. The error
message disappears immediately after a subsequent character is entered.

The error does not occur when completing file names or buffer names.

The error does not occur with any other completion style that I tested,
so I reported[2] the error to the creator of hotfuzz. He wrote:

> Hmm, seems to be caused by Icomplete calling
> completion-all-completions with an improper list as completion table
> (where the CDR of the last cell is 0 as seen in the error.) All other
> completion styles you tried probably unconditionally called into
> all-completions which does not care and returns a proper list with the
> 0 removed. I would say this is a bug in Icomplete since the definition
> of completion table does not mention improper lists being allowed.

[1] https://github.com/axelf4/hotfuzz
[2] https://orgmode.org/manual/External-Links.html
[3] https://github.com/axelf4/hotfuzz/issues/7

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-07-08  0:31 UTC | newest]