all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Emacs-devel Digest, Vol 239, Issue 27
       [not found] <mailman.51.1706288420.1088.emacs-devel@gnu.org>
@ 2024-01-27 11:26 ` Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2024-01-27 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Re: Upcoming merge of adaptive-wrap

Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev> writes:

> There is a particular advantage for optional features being in ELPA:
> people can browse it and search the list of keywords. It serves as a
> tool for discovery for many.
>
> When the package is in the core, it doesn't appear in any of similar
> structured lists, you really have to hunt around for discover those
> features.

Totally +1. Well, yes, you sometimes want to upgrade your packages from ELPA
and yes, it takes time. But even I don't do that too often, despite of my
wanting to be bleeding edge ;-)

And that’s what I find the repositories good for. And for not bloating the editor package with things I don’t use, too ;-)

I feel I miss a frank and opinionated conversation on fundamentals like this  from time to time

 My .02 cents, /PA

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-01-27 11:26 UTC | newest]