* Display result of describe-input-method using a list
@ 2024-03-19 16:54 Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-03-19 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

I would like to display the result of 'describe-input-method' on the
selections in the list 'cseq'.  Would one call the command
'describe-input-method' or is it to be done differently ?

(defun razad-multiling (opt)

  (interactive
   (list
    (let ( (cseq '("icelandic-keyboard" "italian-alt-postfix"
                   "spanish-prefix"     "spanish-postfix"
                   "spanish-keyboard"   "french-alt-postfix"
                   "french-postfix"     "french-prefix"
                   "french-keyboard"    "italian-postfix"
                   "italian-keyboard"   "english-dvorak"
                   "icelandic-postfix")) )
      (completing-read
       " Lingu: " cseq nil t "icelandic-postfix"))))

  ;; (call-interactively 'describe-input-method) )

* Re: Display result of describe-input-method using a list
@ 2024-03-19 20:46 ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-03-19 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime; +Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

On Wednesday, March 20th, 2024 at 4:54 AM, Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to display the result of 'describe-input-method' on the
> selections in the list 'cseq'. Would one call the command
> 'describe-input-method' or is it to be done differently ?
>
> (defun razad-multiling (opt)
>
> (interactive
> (list
> (let ( (cseq '("icelandic-keyboard" "italian-alt-postfix" "icelandic-postfix")) )
> (completing-read
> " Lingu: " cseq nil t "icelandic-postfix"))))
>
> ;; (call-interactively 'describe-input-method) )

Naturally, I cannot use 'call-interactively' because doing so would cause
describe-input-method to run interactively and ask the user again for the
input method, rather than using the available list in 'cseq'.