* How to properly unmap TAB in Quail translation keymap?
@ 2023-02-28 15:58 Göktuğ Kayaalp
From: Göktuğ Kayaalp @ 2023-02-28 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I wish Quail to not show completions buffer when I hit TAB. It is almost
always accidental. But so far I haven’t been able to force Quail to let
go of TAB. My current relevant configuration:

;; Use C-<tab> to view quail completions
(define-key quail-translation-keymap [tab] nil)
(define-key quail-translation-keymap [C-tab] #'quail-completion)

which appears to be ineffective.

I use Quail all the time and this is the bane of my existence, and so
far the only real solution has been to use display buffer customisations
to hide the Quail buffer, which is suboptimal, as sometimes I /do/ want
it.

        -Göktuğ.

* Re: How to properly unmap TAB in Quail translation keymap?
@ 2023-03-03 15:24 ` Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2023-03-03 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> ;; Use C-<tab> to view quail completions
> (define-key quail-translation-keymap [tab] nil)

There's also

    (define-key quail-translation-keymap (kbd "TAB") nil)

but there might also be TAB bindings specific to particular input
methods.