* Nextcloud News (RSS) with Gnus RSS?
@ 2023-08-29  6:38 Marc Coquand
From: Marc Coquand @ 2023-08-29  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi everyone!

I am looking to convert and use Gnus for my emails and news. Currently, I am using elfeed + elfeed-protocol to be able to access my shared RSS feed that stays synced with different devices using Nextcloud. Elfeed-protocol allows me to access the nextcloud rss feed with its owncloud support so that what I read on my computer is then synced with my phone and vice versa.

Does something similar exist for Gnus that I can make use of, so I can use my self-hosted Nextcloud RSS feed?

Thank you so much in advance.

Sincerely,
Marc

* Re: Nextcloud News (RSS) with Gnus RSS?
@ 2023-08-29  8:10 ` Darek
From: Darek @ 2023-08-29  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Marc Coquand:
> I am looking to convert and use Gnus for my emails and news.
> Currently, I am using elfeed + elfeed-protocol to be able to access my
> shared RSS feed that stays synced with different devices using
> Nextcloud. Elfeed-protocol allows me to access the nextcloud rss feed
> with its owncloud support so that what I read on my computer is then
> synced with my phone and vice versa.
>
> Does something similar exist for Gnus that I can make use of, so I can
> use my self-hosted Nextcloud RSS feed?

My sustainable instalation for rss for many years:

tt-rss
      \--> tt-rss (client mobile)
       \
        \--> elfeed (desktop)
         \--> web (whatever)
          \--> rssguard (desktop)

--
Cheers

* Re: Nextcloud News (RSS) with Gnus RSS?
@ 2023-09-15 16:50 ` Björn Bidar
From: Björn Bidar @ 2023-09-15 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Coquand; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Marc Coquand <marcc@fastmail.fr> writes:

> Does something similar exist for Gnus that I can make use of, so I can
> use my self-hosted Nextcloud RSS feed?

There isn't exactly something like this but you can export the opml from
Nextcloud and import it into Gnus.

Check C-h f nnrss-opml-import RET

Or: https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/RSS.html

A few years ago someone head a similar question on info-gnus-english:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnus-english/2021-04/msg00000.html