* BLANK buffer
@ 2022-10-20 23:36 David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2022-10-20 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Anyone know what the "BLANK" buffer is?

It's created when I start my Emacs with my full .emacs, so it's likely
coming from a package, but I don't know which.  It doesn't appear to be
affecting anything, so I often hand kill the buffer.
--
David Masterson

* Re: BLANK buffer
@ 2022-10-21 20:33 ` Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2022-10-21 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

David Masterson [2022-10-20 16:36:11] wrote:
> Anyone know what the "BLANK" buffer is?
>
> It's created when I start my Emacs with my full .emacs, so it's likely
> coming from a package, but I don't know which.

My crystal ball says it's coming from the  package.

* Re: BLANK buffer
@ 2022-10-21 23:01   ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-10-21 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:

>> Anyone know what the "BLANK" buffer is?
>>
>> It's created when I start my Emacs with my full .emacs, so
>> it's likely coming from a package, but I don't know which.
>
> My crystal ball says it's coming from the  package.

(require ' )

If you dare ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: BLANK buffer
@ 2022-10-23  1:23     ` David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2022-10-23  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> writes:

> Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
>
>>> Anyone know what the "BLANK" buffer is?
>>>
>>> It's created when I start my Emacs with my full .emacs, so
>>> it's likely coming from a package, but I don't know which.
>>
>> My crystal ball says it's coming from the  package.
>
> (require ' )
>
> If you dare ...

I don't think I'd get anything out of that...

--
David Masterson

* Re: BLANK buffer
@ 2022-10-24  4:05       ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-10-24  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

David Masterson wrote:

>>> My crystal ball says it's coming from the  package.
>>
>> (require ' )
>>
>> If you dare ...
>
> I don't think I'd get anything out of that...

Grep the package source for BLANK.

If you don't find it, don't load them (don't load any packs)
and see if it disappears, if it does, load them one by one the
way it happens in your init files, if and when the problem
reappears, the last thing you reenabled, that's what
caused it, likely.

--

@ 2022-10-25  3:51         ` David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2022-10-25  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Grep the package source for BLANK.
>
> If you don't find it, don't load them (don't load any packs)
> and see if it disappears, if it does, load them one by one the
> way it happens in your init files, if and when the problem
> reappears, the last thing you reenabled, that's what
> caused it, likely.

That worked. It appears to be coming from hycontrol.el in Hyperbole that
I load.  I'll investigate what it's purpose is.

Thanks

--
David Masterson