* Row colors based on their object values in vtable
@ 2024-03-26 20:30 ijqq via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: ijqq via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2024-03-26 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hello,

I am trying to a simple interface using the vtable package. I would like the background colour of each row to depend on the value of its underlying object (e.g. the row should have a green background if the foo​ field of the object it represents is 1, otherwise it should have a plain white background). I am a beginner in emacs-lisp and am wondering what the best way to do this is.

The :displayer parameter to the vtable​ takes the formatted string of the text only so it wouldn't affect the background for the whole row. The :row-colors parameter takes a list and not a function, so I'm a bit stuck on updating it properly. I tried to set :row-colors to be the value of a global variable which is set by my :objects-function function, but now when updating the table, the colours become out of sync.

Thank you

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-03-26 20:30 UTC | newest]