* Making table structure based on values in numeric array
@ 2022-11-06  4:55 Heime
From: Heime @ 2022-11-06  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

I want to make a table structure in the following manner.

(setq my-table
      '(("Feature"      ""  ""  "")  ; header
	("icomplt-horz" "xxxxx" "xxxxx" "xxxx")
	("icompt-vert"  "xxxxx" "xxxxx" "")
	("ivy"          "xxxxx" "xxxxx" "")
	("vertico"      "xxxxx" "" "")
	("helm"         "" "" "")))

But the number of "xxxxx" sections depends on an array "(setq selecrt [3 2 2 1 0])".
each number associated with the completion framework starting with "icomplt-horz".

3 means three sets of "xxxxx", 2 means two sets of "xxxxx", and so on.

* Re: Making table structure based on values in numeric array
@ 2022-11-06  6:57 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2022-11-06  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime; +Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

* Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> [2022-11-06 07:57]:

> I want to make a table structure in the following manner.
>
> (setq my-table
>       '(("Feature"      ""  ""  "")  ; header
> 	("icomplt-horz" "xxxxx" "xxxxx" "xxxx")
> 	("icompt-vert"  "xxxxx" "xxxxx" "")
> 	("ivy"          "xxxxx" "xxxxx" "")
> 	("vertico"      "xxxxx" "" "")
> 	("helm"         "" "" "")))
>
> But the number of "xxxxx" sections depends on an array "(setq selecrt [3 2 2 1 0])".
> each number associated with the completion framework starting with "icomplt-horz".
>
> 3 means three sets of "xxxxx", 2 means two sets of "xxxxx", and so on.

I gave you full set of functions on the Org mailing list.

The above i can't understand.

The number "xxxxx" is number as string?

How does "xxxxx" depend on array?

Sorry, for me, I can't understand the above.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/

* Re: Making table structure based on values in numeric array
@ 2022-11-06  8:48   ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2022-11-06  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

> > I want to make a table structure in the following manner.
> >
> > (setq my-table
> > '(("Feature" "" "" "") ; header
> > ("icomplt-horz" "xxxxx" "xxxxx" "xxxx")
> > ("icompt-vert" "xxxxx" "xxxxx" "")
> > ("ivy" "xxxxx" "xxxxx" "")
> > ("vertico" "xxxxx" "" "")
> > ("helm" "" "" "")))
> >
> > But the number of "xxxxx" sections depends on an array "(setq selecrt [3 2 2 1 0])".
> > each number associated with the completion framework starting with "icomplt-horz".
> >
> > 3 means three sets of "xxxxx", 2 means two sets of "xxxxx", and so on.
>

> I gave you full set of functions on the Org mailing list.

Right.  I liked it very much.

I want to do something more sophisticated with it.  One of these sophistications
is  to make a row depend on some parameters (on an array in one case).

> The above i can't understand.

I have three columns after the description in each of the first column.

> The number "xxxxx" is number as string?

No, it is just something to fill the cell.  Can be "######", "----------", or
any other cell filler.

> How does "xxxxx" depend on array?

First array number means fill first row.  Then use number to fill number of cells in row.
Second array number means fill second row. Then use number to fill number of cells in row.

For instance (setq selectr [3 2 2 1 0]) means

On first row, fill three cells with "xxxxx" to get

("icomplt-horz" "xxxxx" "xxxxx" "xxxx")  ; using (nth 0 selectr)

On second row, fill two cells with "xxxxx" to get

("icompt-vert" "xxxxx" "xxxxx" "")    ; using (nth 1 selectr)