* Font weight: light as regular, regular as bold
@ 2022-06-20  5:54 Yuan Fu
From: Yuan Fu @ 2022-06-20  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I have a font that I want to use its light weight as regular, and regular as bold in Emacs. Basically I want that when I set

(set-face-attribute ‘face :weight ‘regular)

Emacs actually uses the light weight of that font. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Yuan

* Re: Font weight: light as regular, regular as bold
@ 2022-06-20  7:13 ` Yuan Fu
From: Yuan Fu @ 2022-06-20  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> On Jun 19, 2022, at 10:54 PM, Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a font that I want to use its light weight as regular, and regular as bold in Emacs. Basically I want that when I set
>
> (set-face-attribute ‘face :weight ‘regular)
>
> Emacs actually uses the light weight of that font. Is that possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Yuan

In the same spirit, is it possible to use a font A’s italic as font B’s italic? Eg, when I use

(set-face-attribute ‘face :family “B” :style ‘italic)

Could Emacs actually use A’s italic?

Yuan