* Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
@ 2023-10-05 19:07 Vincenzo Palazzo
From: Vincenzo Palazzo @ 2023-10-05 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello list,

I have a problem that I was never able to solve and I
always try to switch on another editor when I am coding on my remote machine.

However, I think that I solution should be somewhere for this kind of problem
and that I am the only one that is finding this problem.

MY doom [1] configuration with emacs 29.1 on my host machine is rendered
in the terminal as [2] but the same configuration on the same file in a
ssh session emacs is rendered as [3].

I think the two configurations should be shown the same. I also try
to use `export TERM='xterm-256color'` or `export TERM='xterm'` but this
 does not work for me.

I was also thinking of using trump but this is not working very
well for me.

[1] https://github.com/doomemacs/doomemacs
[2] https://ibb.co/4S90GH3
[3] https://ibb.co/602pj63

Thanks,

Vincent.

* Re: Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
@ 2023-10-05 22:11 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2023-10-05 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Vincenzo Palazzo wrote:

> I think the two configurations should be shown the same.
> I also try to use `export TERM='xterm-256color'` or `export
> TERM='xterm'` but this does not work for me.

You can configure the colors for xterm manually in
~/.Xresources, then do 'xrdb ~/.Xresources' in ~/.xinitrc.

! this file:
!   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.Xresources

! xterm
xterm*background:      #000000
xterm*cursorBlink:     false
xterm*cursorcolor:     #000000
xterm*faceName:        DejaVu Sans Mono Bold:pixelsize=12
xterm*foreground:      #dddddd
xterm*metaSendsEscape: true

! colors (blue red green yellow blue magenta cyan white)
! normal
xterm*color0: #000000
xterm*color1: #ff3232
xterm*color2: #009600
xterm*color3: #bebe00
xterm*color4: #6464ff
xterm*color5: #af6400
xterm*color6: #00b4b4
xterm*color7: #969696

! bright/bold
xterm*color8:  #5a5a5a
xterm*color9:  #ff4b4b
xterm*color10: #00b400
xterm*color11: #ff7f00
xterm*color12: #7d7dff
xterm*color13: #eb4beb
xterm*color14: #5affff
xterm*color15: #d2b48c

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
@ 2023-10-06 21:07   ` Vincenzo Palazzo
From: Vincenzo Palazzo @ 2023-10-06 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

>You can configure the colors for xterm manually in
~/.Xresources, then do 'xrdb ~/.Xresources' in ~/.xinitrc.

In what terminal? the ssh one or the local one?

Cheers,

Vincent.

@ 2023-10-07 11:29 ` Michael Albinus
       [not found]   ` <CAKy8djQF5zQts75xdNpGaWY5rzpMjkzaqqLf+HAM6OUFr9K_EQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Michael Albinus @ 2023-10-07 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincenzo Palazzo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Vincenzo Palazzo <vincenzopalazzodev@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello list,

Hi Vincenzo,

> I was also thinking of using trump but this is not working very
> well for me.

That isn't working for anybody very well.

If you mean Tramp, the Emacs package, you might tell us what's
disturbing you.

> Thanks,
>
> Vincent.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
       [not found]         ` <87jzryijen.fsf@gmx.de>
@ 2023-10-07 14:49           ` Vincenzo Palazzo
From: Vincenzo Palazzo @ 2023-10-07 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

>Well, I don't use Doom Emacs and evil-mode. So we must start from the
beginning.

Yeah sorry it was my bad that I did not add in the description.

emacs-version: 29.1
tramp-version: error while running: I do not know tramp version

I think I should install it? or I am missing something?

and host being valid values (the 'user@' part is optional).

>What happens?

Emacs froze and I had to kill the process.

P.S: Readdign the mailing list, sorry if I missed it before.

Cheers,

Vincent.

@ 2023-10-07 15:42             ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2023-10-07 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincenzo Palazzo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Vincenzo Palazzo <vincenzopalazzodev@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Vincenzo,

> tramp-version: error while running: I do not know tramp version

It is visible once you have loaded Tramp. Try 'M-x load-library tramp'.

> I think I should install it? or I am missing something?

It is builtin.

>>Start "emacs -Q -l tramp". Then try 'C-x C-f /ssh:user@host:' with user
> and host being valid values (the 'user@' part is optional).
>
>>What happens?
>
> Emacs froze and I had to kill the process.

Hmm. I need the *exact* characters you have typed. Please.

> Cheers,
>
> Vincent.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
@ 2023-10-07 16:38               ` Vincenzo Palazzo
From: Vincenzo Palazzo @ 2023-10-07 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> > tramp-version: error while running: I do not know tramp version
>
> It is visible once you have loaded Tramp. Try 'M-x load-library tramp'.
>
> > I think I should install it? or I am missing something?
>
> It is builtin.

2.6.0.29.1

> >>Start "emacs -Q -l tramp". Then try 'C-x C-f /ssh:user@host:' with user
> > and host being valid values (the 'user@' part is optional).
> >
> >>What happens?
> >
> > Emacs froze and I had to kill the process.
>
> Hmm. I need the *exact* characters you have typed. Please.

I had removed the ~/ and added just /ssh: this should be correct right?

@ 2023-10-07 16:46                 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2023-10-07 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincenzo Palazzo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Vincenzo Palazzo <vincenzopalazzodev@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Vincenzo,

>> > tramp-version: error while running: I do not know tramp version
>>
>> It is visible once you have loaded Tramp. Try 'M-x load-library tramp'.
>>
>> > I think I should install it? or I am missing something?
>>
>> It is builtin.
>
> 2.6.0.29.1

Yep, Emacs 29.1. with the builtin Tramp.

> I typed /ssh:<host>:<IP>:<PORT>:

If you use the default port 22, don't say it. If you use another port,
use the number sign # like /ssh:<host>:<IP>#<PORT>:

If it is an IPv4 number, it is correct. If it is an IPv6 number, you
must embed it into square brackets like /ssh:<host>:[::1]#<PORT>:

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
@ 2023-10-07 17:10                   ` Vincenzo Palazzo
From: Vincenzo Palazzo @ 2023-10-07 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

>If you use the default port 22, don't say it. If you use another port,
use the number sign # like /ssh:<host>:<IP>#<PORT>:

If it is an IPv4 number, it is correct. If it is an IPv6 number, you
must embed it into square brackets like /ssh:<host>:[::1]#<PORT>:

I type now /ssh:<host>:<IP>:

Same freeze :/

@ 2023-10-07 17:13                     ` Michael Albinus
       [not found]                       ` <CAKy8djQaA=Qcgr7vTt9H3SnPCi2vGkMmzaRPgse0CjsQP_mhVA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Michael Albinus @ 2023-10-07 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincenzo Palazzo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Vincenzo Palazzo <vincenzopalazzodev@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Vincenzo,
>>If you use the default port 22, don't say it. If you use another port,
>> use the number sign # like /ssh:<host>:<IP>#<PORT>:
>>
>> If it is an IPv4 number, it is correct. If it is an IPv6 number, you
>> must embed it into square brackets like /ssh:<host>:[::1]#<PORT>:
>
> I type now /ssh:<host>:<IP>:
>
> Same freeze :/

Sorry, I've told you nonsense. Of course you type EITHER /ssh:<host>: OR

Best regards, Michael.

@ 2023-10-08  7:29                         ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2023-10-08  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincenzo Palazzo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Vincenzo Palazzo <vincenzopalazzodev@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Vincenzo,

> I made a mistake too, the host is my username, I type /ssh:<username-ssh>:<IP>:

In that case, you must use '/ssh:<username-ssh>@<IP>:'.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
@ 2023-10-08 18:15                           ` Vincenzo Palazzo
From: Vincenzo Palazzo @ 2023-10-08 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> Vincenzo Palazzo <vincenzopalazzodev@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi Vincenzo,
>
> > I made a mistake too, the host is my username, I type /ssh:<username-ssh>:<IP>:
>
> In that case, you must use '/ssh:<username-ssh>@<IP>:'.

I see, I do not think this is an error of what value I type, at the end of the
day emacs will complete it. So '/ssh:<username-ssh>@<IP>:' cause the
same problem.

It looks like that when it makes the connection emacs get stuck!

However, this will not solve the problem with my colours with ssh, anyway.

I was never able to develop with a tramp in remote unfortunately (also
when I logged in successfully)

@ 2023-10-08 19:24                             ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2023-10-08 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincenzo Palazzo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Vincenzo Palazzo <vincenzopalazzodev@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Vincenzo,

>> In that case, you must use '/ssh:<username-ssh>@<IP>:'.
>
> I see, I do not think this is an error of what value I type, at the end of the
> day emacs will complete it. So '/ssh:<username-ssh>@<IP>:' cause the
> same problem.
>
> It looks like that when it makes the connection emacs get stuck!

Please start Emacs then like

emacs -Q -l tramp --eval '(setq tramp-verbose 10)'

Open the remote connection. There will be a large Tramp debug buffer
which should tell us more. Please drop it somewhere in the net where I
could download it, or send it to me directly. It is too large for the ML.

> However, this will not solve the problem with my colours with ssh, anyway.

Perhaps, but this is the next problem we will look at.

> Cheers,
>
> Vincent.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
@ 2023-10-09  7:53                               ` Vincenzo Palazzo
From: Vincenzo Palazzo @ 2023-10-09  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> Vincenzo Palazzo <vincenzopalazzodev@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi Vincenzo,
>
> >> In that case, you must use '/ssh:<username-ssh>@<IP>:'.
> >
> > I see, I do not think this is an error of what value I type, at the end of the
> > day emacs will complete it. So '/ssh:<username-ssh>@<IP>:' cause the
> > same problem.
> >
> > It looks like that when it makes the connection emacs get stuck!
>
> Please start Emacs then like

> emacs -Q -l tramp --eval '(setq tramp-verbose 10)'
>
> Open the remote connection. There will be a large Tramp debug buffer
> which should tell us more. Please drop it somewhere in the net where I
> could download it, or send it to me directly. It is too large for the ML.

There is any way to redirect the emacs log in a file?

@ 2023-10-09  7:58                               ` Vincenzo Palazzo
From: Vincenzo Palazzo @ 2023-10-09  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> Vincenzo Palazzo <vincenzopalazzodev@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi Vincenzo,
>
> >> In that case, you must use '/ssh:<username-ssh>@<IP>:'.
> >
> > I see, I do not think this is an error of what value I type, at the end of the
> > day emacs will complete it. So '/ssh:<username-ssh>@<IP>:' cause the
> > same problem.
> >
> > It looks like that when it makes the connection emacs get stuck!
>
> Please start Emacs then like

> emacs -Q -l tramp --eval '(setq tramp-verbose 10)'
>
> Open the remote connection. There will be a large Tramp debug buffer
> which should tell us more. Please drop it somewhere in the net where I
> could download it, or send it to me directly. It is too large for the ML.

Ok I was able to get it, https://pastebin.com/qS7Du6Xh

* Re: Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
@ 2023-10-09  8:18                                 ` Michael Albinus
       [not found]                                   ` <CAKy8djS35rVJQSC8vNFaderSP-mSuxqT7ScC9d9sbkK3QRVAzg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Michael Albinus @ 2023-10-09  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincenzo Palazzo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Vincenzo Palazzo <vincenzopalazzodev@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Vincenzo,

>> > I see, I do not think this is an error of what value I type, at the end of the
>> > day emacs will complete it. So '/ssh:<username-ssh>@<IP>:' cause the
>> > same problem.
>> >
>> > It looks like that when it makes the connection emacs get stuck!
>>
>> Please start Emacs then like

>> emacs -Q -l tramp --eval '(setq tramp-verbose 10)'
>>
>> Open the remote connection. There will be a large Tramp debug buffer
>> which should tell us more. Please drop it somewhere in the net where I
>> could download it, or send it to me directly. It is too large for the ML.
>
> Ok I was able to get it, https://pastebin.com/qS7Du6Xh

Thanks. However, this is the backtrace only. I was asking for the Tramp
debug buffer, which should have the name *debug tramp/ssh vincenzopalazzo@192.168.1.73*

If you set tramp-debug-to-file, the debug buffer will be also on file in
your tmp directory. Call

emacs -Q -l tramp --eval '(setq tramp-verbose 10 tramp-debug-to-file t)'

Best regards, Michael.

@ 2023-10-09  9:24                                     ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2023-10-09  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincenzo Palazzo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Vincenzo Palazzo <vincenzopalazzodev@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Vincenzo,

> Ah, sorry about that! I am attaching the file.

Thanks. Tramp fails to connect the host with the following command:

10:20:33.066842 tramp-send-command (6) # exec ssh -l vincenzopalazzo -o ControlMaster=auto -o ControlPath=tramp.%C -o ControlPersist=no -e none 192.168.1.93
10:20:36.115475 tramp-process-actions (6) #
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.93 port 22: No route to host

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
@ 2023-10-09 14:30                                       ` Vincenzo Palazzo
From: Vincenzo Palazzo @ 2023-10-09 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Mh this is strange because `ssh vincenzopalazzo@192.168.1.73` works

Cheers,

Vincent.

@ 2023-10-09 14:42                                         ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2023-10-09 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

@ 2023-10-09 16:12                                         ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2023-10-09 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincenzo Palazzo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Vincenzo Palazzo <vincenzopalazzodev@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Vincenzo,

> Mh this is strange because `ssh vincenzopalazzo@192.168.1.73` works

What happens if you try Tramp's version 'ssh -l vincenzopalazzo -o
ControlMaster=auto -o ControlPath=tramp.%C -o ControlPersist=no -e none
192.168.1.93' in a shell? Does it work, if you remove some of the arguments?

> Cheers,
>
> Vincent.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
@ 2023-10-09 16:16                                           ` Yuri Khan
From: Yuri Khan @ 2023-10-09 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: Vincenzo Palazzo, help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, 9 Oct 2023 at 23:12, Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:

> > Mh this is strange because `ssh vincenzopalazzo@192.168.1.73` works
>
> What happens if you try Tramp's version 'ssh -l vincenzopalazzo -o
> ControlMaster=auto -o ControlPath=tramp.%C -o ControlPersist=no -e none
> 192.168.1.93' in a shell? Does it work, if you remove some of the arguments?

I’m just passing by, but noticing that half the messages in this
thread mention 192.168.1.73 and the other half 192.168.1.93.

* Re: Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
@ 2023-10-09 16:22                                             ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2023-10-09 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Khan; +Cc: Vincenzo Palazzo, help-gnu-emacs

Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Yuri,

>> > Mh this is strange because `ssh vincenzopalazzo@192.168.1.73` works
>>
>> What happens if you try Tramp's version 'ssh -l vincenzopalazzo -o
>> ControlMaster=auto -o ControlPath=tramp.%C -o ControlPersist=no -e none
>> 192.168.1.93' in a shell? Does it work, if you remove some of the arguments?
>
> I’m just passing by, but noticing that half the messages in this
> thread mention 192.168.1.73 and the other half 192.168.1.93.

Wonderful! I'll call you 'eagle eye' from now on :-)

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
@ 2023-10-09 16:39 ` Yuri Khan
From: Yuri Khan @ 2023-10-09 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincenzo Palazzo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Fri, 6 Oct 2023 at 02:08, Vincenzo Palazzo
<vincenzopalazzodev@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a problem that I was never able to solve and I
> always try to switch on another editor when I am coding on my remote machine.
>
> However, I think that I solution should be somewhere for this kind of problem
> and that I am the only one that is finding this problem.
>
> MY doom [1] configuration with emacs 29.1 on my host machine is rendered
> in the terminal as [2] but the same configuration on the same file in a
> ssh session emacs is rendered as [3].

The thread devolved into getting you to use Tramp, but the answer to
your original problem is somewhere in terminal capability definitions.

On your local machine, you probably have TERM=xterm-256color or
similar in your environment and you have a terminfo database entry for
that terminal. Typing ‘infocmp’ probably says ‘colors#0x100’ or
‘colors#256’ somewhere near the top.

On your remote machine, you should still have TERM=xterm-256color, as
‘ssh’ forwards that variable by default. However, if the corresponding
terminfo database entry is not installed, applications will not detect
that your terminal is capable of displaying 256 colors. ‘infocmp’ will
say colors#8 or something similar.

How you install the required terminfo entries will depend on your
distribution. On Debian-based distros,
‘/usr/share/terminfo/x/xterm-256color’ is installed by the package
‘ncurses-base’.

There is also a possibility that your theme assumes 24-bit color, and
your remote machine is not advertising that capability. See
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/efaq/Colors-on-a-TTY.html
for a summary where Emacs looks before it decides whether 24-bit color
is or is not available.

* Re: Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
@ 2023-10-10  9:13                                           ` Vincenzo Palazzo
From: Vincenzo Palazzo @ 2023-10-10  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Vincenzo Palazzo wrote:
>
> >> 10:20:33.066842 tramp-send-command (6) # exec ssh -l
> >> vincenzopalazzo -o ControlMaster=auto -o
> >> ControlPath=tramp.%C -o ControlPersist=no -e none
> >> 192.168.1.93
> >> 10:20:36.115475 tramp-process-actions (6) #
> >> ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.93 port 22: No route to host
> >
> > Mh this is strange because `ssh
> > vincenzopalazzo@192.168.1.73` works
>
> 192.168.1.93

This is not the problem, this is just a typo, because I do not have a
static local IP.

* Re: Do not render correctly colors on ssh terminal
@ 2023-10-10 17:23   ` Vincenzo Palazzo
From: Vincenzo Palazzo @ 2023-10-10 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Khan; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> > I have a problem that I was never able to solve and I
> > always try to switch on another editor when I am coding on my remote
> machine.
> >
> > However, I think that I solution should be somewhere for this kind of
> problem
> > and that I am the only one that is finding this problem.
> >
> > MY doom [1] configuration with emacs 29.1 on my host machine is rendered
> > in the terminal as [2] but the same configuration on the same file in a
> > ssh session emacs is rendered as [3].
>
> The thread devolved into getting you to use Tramp, but the answer to
> your original problem is somewhere in terminal capability definitions.
>
> On your local machine, you probably have TERM=xterm-256color or
> similar in your environment and you have a terminfo database entry for
> that terminal. Typing ‘infocmp’ probably says ‘colors#0x100’ or
> ‘colors#256’ somewhere near the top.

Ok running on my host machine

➜  ~ infocmp
# Reconstructed via infocmp from file: /usr/share/terminfo/a/alacritty
alacritty|alacritty terminal emulator,
am, bce, ccc, hs, mc5i, mir, msgr, npc, xenl,
colors#0x100, cols#80, it#8, lines#24, pairs#0x10000,
acsc=``aaffggiijjkkllmmnnooppqqrrssttuuvvwwxxyyzz{{||}}~~,
bel=^G, blink=\E[5m, bold=\E[1m, cbt=\E[Z, civis=\E[?25l,

colors#0x100 should be colors#256

> On your remote machine, you should still have TERM=xterm-256color, as
> ‘ssh’ forwards that variable by default. However, if the corresponding
> terminfo database entry is not installed, applications will not detect
> that your terminal is capable of displaying 256 colors. ‘infocmp’ will
> say colors#8 or something similar.

On my remote machine

➜  ~ infocmp
# Reconstructed via infocmp from file:
/etc/profiles/per-user/vincenzopalazzo/share/terminfo/a/alacritty
alacritty|alacritty terminal emulator,
am, bce, ccc, hs, km, mc5i, mir, msgr, npc, xenl,
colors#0x100, cols#80, it#8, lines#24, pairs#0x7fff,
acsc=``aaffggiijjkkllmmnnooppqqrrssttuuvvwwxxyyzz{{||}}~~,
bel=^G, bold=\E[1m, cbt=\E[Z, civis=\E[?25l,
clear=\E[H\E[2J, cnorm=\E[?12l\E[?25h, cr=\r,
csr=\E[%i%p1%d;%p2%dr, cub=\E[%p1%dD, cub1=^H,

This should be the same right?

> How you install the required terminfo entries will depend on your
> distribution. On Debian-based distros,
> ‘/usr/share/terminfo/x/xterm-256color’ is installed by the package
> ‘ncurses-base’.
>
> There is also a possibility that your theme assumes 24-bit color, and
> your remote machine is not advertising that capability. See
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/efaq/Colors-on-a-TTY.html
> for a summary where Emacs looks before it decides whether 24-bit color
> is or is not available.

$ cat terminfo-custom.src

xterm-emacs|xterm with 24-bit direct color mode for Emacs,
  use=xterm-256color,
  setb24=\E[48\:2\:\:%p1%{65536}%/%d\:%p1%{256}%/%{255}%&\
     %d\:%p1%{255}%&%dm,
  setf24=\E[38\:2\:\:%p1%{65536}%/%d\:%p1%{256}%/%{255}%&\
     %d\:%p1%{255}%&%dm,

$ tic -x -o ~/.terminfo terminfo-custom.src

$ TERM=xterm-emacs emacs -nw

This fix the problem, thanks!

P.S: I will start a new thread now to fix the tramp problem!

Cheers,

Vincent.