* macOS keybindings (alt in emacs vs alt in macOS)
@ 2023-04-19  6:09 l@tlo
From: l@tlo @ 2023-04-19  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm trying to set cursor/point navigation in emacs is a way that's similar to the standard macOS settings.

I'm stuck at using alt/option + left-right as "left-word" / "right-word".

I have (ns-alternate-modifier 'none), because I need access to access special non ascii characters, but that means that alt/option is then ignored by Emacs, when I need A-<right> and A-<left> (and a few others) for my setting.

Is there a way to have Emacs accept Alt as a modifier key in some defined contexts only and ignore it otherwise?

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @jchelary@emacs.ch
https://traductaire-libre.org