* Queuing Emacs Lisp
@ 2022-10-22 10:04 Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2022-10-22 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help GNU Emacs

Hello,

I need to queue Emacs Lisp functions for future execution, and in such
way that queue is not related to current instance. It means I can't
use `run-at-time' function or similar. I do not think that queue.el is
proper for that.

Does such package or concept in Emacs Lisp exists anywhere already?

If there is no such concept or package, I would then make PostgreSQL
table and record future Emacs Lisp functions, like "(my-function 1 2
3)", then read, execute, and mark as done.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/

* Re: Queuing Emacs Lisp
@ 2022-10-22 10:31 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-10-22 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jean Louis wrote:

> I need to queue Emacs Lisp functions for future execution

But that would make Emacs an Operating System ...

No, you can schedule things with the idle timer, the so called
collaborative/cooperative model (I have forgotten which)
around the KERNEL thread, but this isn't exactly the POSIX PCB
model with supposedly optimal preemptive SJF scheduling,
actually it is the pretty much the opposite, right? But it's
something ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal