* `verify-visited-file-modtime' returns nil in a directory shared with a VM
@ 2024-02-21 14:52 mbork
From: mbork @ 2024-02-21 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

for some time, Emacs has been nagging me with the "File %s changed on
disk.  Reread from disk? " prompt from `find-file-noselect'.  This seems
to happen for files in directories shared with a VirtualBox VM, and
closer inspection showed that `(verify-visited-file-modtime)' seems to
always return nil in that case.  When I stop the VM, the situation gets
back to normal; when I restart it again, it happens again.  FTR, I'm on
a GNU/Linux system (Arch).

Has anyone else experienced this?  (I'm not filing a bug report, since
it's not clear to me if Emacs is to blame for it or something else.)

--
Marcin Borkowski
https://mbork.pl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-02-21 14:52 UTC | newest]