* pure emacs or pure evil??
@ 2024-03-22 13:25 Bill Studley
From: Bill Studley @ 2024-03-22 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I originally started with VI and moved to VIM, then over the last couple
of years I've been using emacs more and more.

Now I've found my self stuck in a zombie like existence between pure
emacs and pure evil and lately I've a desire to move totally in one
direction or the other, but I can't decide on which way to go.  Opinions?

* Re: pure emacs or pure evil??
@ 2024-03-22 13:33 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2024-03-22 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I've settled with evil for writing both prose and code and emacs for
everything else (e.g. dired, gnus, mastodon, ...).  This does cause some
friction but surprisingly less than I had expected, mostly (maybe)
because when writing code or prose, I'm concentrating on the content of
the input while, when using the other tools, the focus is on actions.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2024-03-21) on Debian 12.2