* Browse url
@ 2023-09-04 14:06 aalinovi
From: aalinovi @ 2023-09-04 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Browse URL Browser Function lists:

Text browser in an xterm window
Text browser in an emacs window

Is there any way to set the browse url function to use the terminal emulator of
your choice, in my case text browser in a kitty window?

Thank you

Arthur

* Re: Browse url
@ 2023-09-04 14:51 ` Manuel Giraud via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Manuel Giraud via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2023-09-04 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aalinovi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

aalinovi@riseup.net writes:

> Browse URL Browser Function lists:
>
> Text browser in an xterm window
> Text browser in an emacs window

"Text browser in an xterm window" sets the browse-url-browser-function
to 'browse-url-text-xterm'

C-h f browse-url-text-xterm  gives you the following *Help* buffer:

browse-url-text-xterm is an autoloaded interactive byte-compiled Lisp
function in ‘browse-url.el’.

(browse-url-text-xterm URL &optional NEW-WINDOW)

Ask a text browser to load URL.
URL defaults to the URL around or before point.
This runs the text browser specified by ‘browse-url-text-browser’.
in an Xterm window using the Xterm program named by ‘browse-url-xterm-program’
with possible additional arguments ‘browse-url-xterm-args’.
The optional argument NEW-WINDOW is not used.

So I guess customizing 'browse-url-xterm-program' to kitty would do.
--
Manuel Giraud

* Re: Browse url
@ 2023-09-04 16:15   ` aalinovi
From: aalinovi @ 2023-09-04 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Giraud; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

In message <87jzt6t2iq.fsf@ledu-giraud.fr>, Manuel Giraud writes:
>aalinovi@riseup.net writes:
>
>> Browse URL Browser Function lists:
>>
>> Text browser in an xterm window
>> Text browser in an emacs window
>
>"Text browser in an xterm window" sets the browse-url-browser-function
>to 'browse-url-text-xterm'
>
>C-h f browse-url-text-xterm  gives you the following *Help* buffer:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I also had to remove options I had in browse-url-xterm-args
but now it works as I wanted.

I learn something new every day.

Arthur

* Re: Browse url
@ 2023-09-04 19:46     ` Manuel Giraud via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Manuel Giraud via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2023-09-04 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aalinovi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

aalinovi@riseup.net writes:

[...]

> Thank you for taking the time to reply. I also had to remove options I had in browse-url-xterm-args
> but now it works as I wanted.
>
> I learn something new every day.

Good.  And as you can see Emacs has also commands to learn from itself
;)
--
Manuel Giraud