* Splitting nnmailbox groups
@ 2022-10-24  8:57 Akib Azmain Turja
From: Akib Azmain Turja @ 2022-10-24  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have subscribed to some high volume mailing lists, and I some miss
important messages within those less important message.

How to split nnmailbox groups?  I download my mails with mbsync and have
the following select methods:

      (setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil ""))
      (setq
       gnus-secondary-select-methods
       '((nnmaildir
          "disroot"
          (directory "~/Documents/mail/akib@disroot.org/"))
         (nnmaildir
          "gmail"
          (directory "~/Documents/mail/akib8492@gmail.com-gnus/"))))

And the split rules:

      (setq nnmail-split-methods #'nnmail-split-fancy)
      (setq nnmail-split-fancy '(| "mail.other"))

Thanks in advance.

--
Akib Azmain Turja

Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social, and on Codeberg (user
"akib").

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  Its fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Splitting nnmailbox groups
@ 2022-10-24 21:07 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-10-24 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Akib Azmain Turja wrote:

> I have subscribed to some high volume mailing lists, and
> I some miss important messages within those less
> important message.

If you already use Gnus the way to do this is with Gmane where
there is a whole infrastructure around that very problem ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal