* "Wrong type argument: listp, async" after package update
@ 2022-11-06 14:32 Evan Aad
From: Evan Aad @ 2022-11-06 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

After updating my installed packages by executing "M-x
package-list-packages", then "U", then "x", the following message
appeared in the buffer at the very bottom of the Emacs window: "Wrong
type argument: listp, async"

What's the problem, and how can I fix it?

* Re: "Wrong type argument: listp, async" after package update
@ 2022-11-07  6:02 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2022-11-07  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Evan Aad; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Evan Aad <oddeveneven@gmail.com> writes:

> After updating my installed packages by executing "M-x
> package-list-packages", then "U", then "x", the following message
> appeared in the buffer at the very bottom of the Emacs window: "Wrong
> type argument: listp, async"
>
> What's the problem, and how can I fix it?

When does that error appear?  Directly during startup?  If so, start
emacs as "emacs --debug-init" which will put you in the debugger when
the error happens.  Post the backtrace shown there.

If it happens later when you do some specific action, do M-x
toggle-debug-on-error RET before doing that action.  That will likewise
put you in the debugger when the error happens where you can copy and
post the backtrace.

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: "Wrong type argument: listp, async" after package update
@ 2022-11-07  6:31   ` Evan Aad
From: Evan Aad @ 2022-11-07  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

The error occurred immediately after the package list was updated. I
cannot reproduce it now. Consequently this thread can be closed with a
status of "Issue is unreproducible".

@ 2022-11-07  9:23     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2022-11-07  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Evan Aad; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Evan Aad <oddeveneven@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Evan,

> The error occurred immediately after the package list was updated. I
> cannot reproduce it now. Consequently this thread can be closed with a
> status of "Issue is unreproducible".

Allright then. :-)

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: "Wrong type argument: listp, async" after package update
@ 2022-11-07 12:33       ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-11-07 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Tassilo Horn wrote:

>> The error occurred immediately after the package list was
>> updated. I cannot reproduce it now. Consequently this
>> thread can be closed with a status of "Issue is
>> unreproducible".
>
> Allright then. :-)

Upgrade Emacs ...

--