* How do I scale all font faces in emacs?
@ 2023-02-15 15:11 Matt Young
From: Matt Young @ 2023-02-15 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello - I find myself needing to enlarge text in emacs in order to be
able to read it. I've been able to enlarge only some text by using
``set-frame-font'' in my emacs configuration, but I notice that other
faces are not affected by this. For instance, the mode line, and what I
think is eldoc in the minibuffer is not any larger. Some modes define
their own face settings as well that seem to ignore the more global
settings.

I am not an emacs configuration expert and I am not sure that I am even
using the correct terminology or what options are even available in
this area.

Using ``customize-font-face'' is not a solution because there are over
600 entries there and I don't know what any of them control, and I do
not feel I should have to configure a multitude of faces individually.

Is there any way to scale all text globally with a single setting so
that it affects every face at once?

If there is not, I feel this could be worth a bug report. It is
important that something like this is as easy as possible for users
with vision problems.

Thank you

* Re: How do I scale all font faces in emacs?
@ 2023-02-15 16:40 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2023-02-15 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Most faces inherit from the "default" face, if the theme has been setup
properly. If so, customise that face to the size you want.

I have the following in my init file:

(set-face-attribute 'default nil :font "Iosevka Fixed" :height 200)

which is a large font size for my high resolution monitor.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2023-02-14) on Debian 11.5

* Re: How do I scale all font faces in emacs?
@ 2023-02-15 18:31 ` Björn Bidar
From: Björn Bidar @ 2023-02-15 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Young; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Which platform are you running on, which ui?

The scaling of the ui and thus also fonts depends on the platform.

For HighDPI displays most platforms scale up the ui.