* attempt to create a table
@ 2023-02-18 16:45 Gottfried
From: Gottfried @ 2023-02-18 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 752 bytes --]

Hi,
I copied the headings of the emacs manual into an emacs file.
I have those headings in english and in german language.
I want to create a table with 2 colums und 2 rows (because some headings
have many words and so they need two rows) and put the english headings
at the left side, the german headings on the right side, so that I have
them beside each other.

I tried several times with

M-x table-capture
column delimiter regexp: 2
row delimiter regexp: 2
justify (left): left
minimum cell width: 40

it put several headings into one cell,
but it should put only one heading in one cell and the next heading in
the next cell under it.

How can I do this?

Do you have any suggestions?
--
Kind regards

Gottfried

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: OpenPGP public key --]

* Re: attempt to create a table
@ 2023-02-18 17:52 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-02-18 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 16:45:19 +0000
> From: Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de>
>
> I copied the headings of the emacs manual into an emacs file.
> I have those headings in english and in german language.
> I want to create a table with 2 colums und 2 rows (because some headings
> have many words and so they need two rows) and put the english headings
> at the left side, the german headings on the right side, so that I have
> them beside each other.
>
> I tried several times with
>
> M-x table-capture
> column delimiter regexp: 2
> row delimiter regexp: 2
> justify (left): left
> minimum cell width: 40
>
> it put several headings into one cell,
> but it should put only one heading in one cell and the next heading in
> the next cell under it.
>
> How can I do this?

Did you try "C-x 6 2" (or "F2 2")?