* when does `gcs-done' is updated?
@ 2023-09-01 12:03 Shynur Xie
From: Shynur Xie @ 2023-09-01 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

I wrote a function which runs each time Emacs collects garbage, so I
added it to `post-gc-hook'.

That function cares about the value of `gcs-done' and the value of
`gc-elapsed'.
But it seems that `gcs-done' is updated after `post-gc-hook' is executed?

Is this an intended behavior?  If so, I think the docstring of these
variables (such as `gcs-done', `gc-elapsed', ...) need to clarify when
the variable is updated.

* Re: when does `gcs-done' is updated?
@ 2023-09-01 13:19 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-09-01 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Shynur Xie <one.last.kiss@outlook.com>
> Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 12:03:01 +0000
> msip_labels:
>
> I wrote a function which runs each time Emacs collects garbage, so I
> added it to `post-gc-hook'.
>
> That function cares about the value of `gcs-done' and the value of
> `gc-elapsed'.
> But it seems that `gcs-done' is updated after `post-gc-hook' is executed?
>
> Is this an intended behavior?  If so, I think the docstring of these
> variables (such as `gcs-done', `gc-elapsed', ...) need to clarify when
> the variable is updated.

This should be posted either to emacs-devel or as a bug report.