* Enabling stylistic sets
@ 2023-09-06 13:59 Karan Ahlawat
From: Karan Ahlawat @ 2023-09-06 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there any way to enable stylistic sets in Emacs?

I have set the fontfeatures I want enabled in a fontconfig configuration
file. It works everywhere else, but Emacs. Now, seeing as how
ligature.el is able to leverage Emacs built with Harfbuzz for enabling
ligatures, is there some  way to enable stylistic sets as well?

Thanks,

Karan

* Re: Enabling stylistic sets
@ 2023-09-06 15:34 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-09-06 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 19:29:43 +0530
> From: Karan Ahlawat <ahlawatkaran12@gmail.com>
>
> Is there any way to enable stylistic sets in Emacs?
>
> I have set the fontfeatures I want enabled in a fontconfig configuration
> file. It works everywhere else, but Emacs. Now, seeing as how
> ligature.el is able to leverage Emacs built with Harfbuzz for enabling
> ligatures, is there some  way to enable stylistic sets as well?

Emacs doesn't (yet) support stylistic sets.  There's a TODO item to
add this, with some initial ideas, so patches are welcome.  (One of
the aspects of this which needs to be figured out up front is how to
let Lisp programs and users tell Emacs when to use what stylistic sets
and what set to use for which parts of text; ideas and proposals are
welcome.)