* Add a tifinagh input method to Emacs
@ 2022-10-30 12:02 Adam Oudad
From: Adam Oudad @ 2022-10-30 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I would like to contribute to Emacs by providing an input method for
tifinagh. Tifinagh is the alphabet used in North African regions to speak
the berber language, commonly known as Tamazight. Although this language is
now available in most systems (ibus, Windows, Android) there is no input
method for this language in Emacs to my knowledge.

Do you think I should directly send a mail to the emacs devel list, or
create it as a package on ELPA?

It is my first contribution so I would like to have your advice on how to
proceed.

Thanks for your help!

Adam.

* Re: Add a tifinagh input method to Emacs
@ 2022-10-30 12:37 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2022-10-30 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Adam Oudad <adam.oudad@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 21:02:04 +0900
>
> I would like to contribute to Emacs by providing an input method for
> tifinagh. Tifinagh is the alphabet used in North African regions to speak
> the berber language, commonly known as Tamazight. Although this language is
> now available in most systems (ibus, Windows, Android) there is no input
> method for this language in Emacs to my knowledge.
>
> Do you think I should directly send a mail to the emacs devel list, or
> create it as a package on ELPA?

Please send this as a patch via "M-x report-emacs-bug", so that it
gets recorded by our issue tracker.  The maintainers will then take it
from there.

Thank you for your interest in Emacs.