* Missing GNU mailing lists?
@ 2023-08-30 19:19 tpeplt
From: tpeplt @ 2023-08-30 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

At the link http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/documentation.html
is the text:

> For all other queries, consult the list of Emacs-related
> mailing lists on savannah.gnu.org and the complete list of GNU
> mailing lists on lists.gnu.org.

where the text ‘complete list of GNU mailing lists on
lists.gnu.org’ is a link to:

Following the link yields the following error message:

> Bug in Mailman version 2.1.29
>
> We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>
> Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem.
> Printing of traceback and other system information has been
> explicitly inhibited, but the webmaster can find this
> information in the Mailman error logs or the web server logs.

Can someone tell me how to inform the GNU webmaster about this
problem?

From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-08-30 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: tpeplt <tpeplt@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 15:19:17 -0400
>

> At the link http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/documentation.html
> is the text:
>
> > For all other queries, consult the list of Emacs-related
> > mailing lists on savannah.gnu.org and the complete list of GNU
> > mailing lists on lists.gnu.org.
>
> where the text ‘complete list of GNU mailing lists on
> lists.gnu.org’ is a link to:

> Following the link yields the following error message:
>
> > Bug in Mailman version 2.1.29
> >
> > We're sorry, we hit a bug!
> >
> > Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem.
> > Printing of traceback and other system information has been
> > explicitly inhibited, but the webmaster can find this
> > information in the Mailman error logs or the web server logs.
>
> Can someone tell me how to inform the GNU webmaster about this
> problem?

Write to mailman@gnu.org.

* Re: Missing GNU mailing lists?
@ 2023-08-30 19:40   ` tpeplt
From: tpeplt @ 2023-08-30 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Can someone tell me how to inform the GNU webmaster about this
>> problem?
>
> Write to mailman@gnu.org.

Done.  Thank you.  I was not able to find that email address at the GNU
website.  (It would be helpful if the Mailman software was configurable
to provide that information.)

@ 2023-08-30 20:12     ` Juergen Fenn
From: Juergen Fenn @ 2023-08-30 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Am 30.08.23 um 21:40 Uhr schrieb tpeplt:
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>

>>> Can someone tell me how to inform the GNU webmaster about this
>>> problem?
>>
>> Write to mailman@gnu.org.
>>

> Done.  Thank you.  I was not able to find that email address at the GNU
> website.  (It would be helpful if the Mailman software was configurable
> to provide that information.)

+1. Thank you. While, in fact, the email address still can be found on
the GNU mailman starting page ... :)

> Bug reports
>
> Please report issues to <mailman@gnu.org>.

https://lists.gnu.org/

Regards,
Jürgen.

* Re: Missing GNU mailing lists?
@ 2023-08-31  4:48     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-08-31  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: tpeplt <tpeplt@gmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 15:40:13 -0400
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>

> >> Can someone tell me how to inform the GNU webmaster about this
> >> problem?
> >
> > Write to mailman@gnu.org.
> >

> Done.  Thank you.

Thanks.

> I was not able to find that email address at the GNU website.  (It
> would be helpful if the Mailman software was configurable to provide
> that information.)

I hope you wrote to mailman@gnu.org about that as well.  We don't
manage the GNU mailing lists here, so we cannot fix any problems with
them.

* Re: Missing GNU mailing lists?
@ 2023-08-31 20:48       ` tpeplt
From: tpeplt @ 2023-08-31 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> I hope you wrote to mailman@gnu.org about that as well.  We don't
> manage the GNU mailing lists here, so we cannot fix any problems with
> them.

Yes, I did as you had suggested.  I later received a reply saying that
it was a significant problem and that they would be working to fix it.

Today, another reply said that it had been fixed.  I checked the link
with ‘eww’ to confirm that it has been.  The link now produces a table
with approximately 800 mailing list entries.

@ 2023-09-01  5:34         ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-09-01  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: tpeplt <tpeplt@gmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 16:48:04 -0400
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>

> > I hope you wrote to mailman@gnu.org about that as well.  We don't
> > manage the GNU mailing lists here, so we cannot fix any problems with
> > them.
>
> Yes, I did as you had suggested.  I later received a reply saying that
> it was a significant problem and that they would be working to fix it.
>
> Today, another reply said that it had been fixed.  I checked the link
> with ‘eww’ to confirm that it has been.  The link now produces a table
> with approximately 800 mailing list entries.

Great, thanks for telling this here.