* eglot + company + anaconda + jedi
@ 2022-10-27 18:34 Neal Becker
From: Neal Becker @ 2022-10-27 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have been using emacs for python programming for some years, and had setup
company + anaconda + jedi.  Now I've learned about eglot and enabled that.
With eglot, should I disable some of the older packages?

Thanks,
Neal

* Re: eglot + company + anaconda + jedi
@ 2022-10-27 19:57 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-10-27 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Neal Becker wrote:

> I have been using emacs for python programming for some
> years, and had setup

Python is one of the fastest languages ever, maybe _the_
fastest, in terms of development time, now obviously Emacs is
all about speed, both manually so (LOL multipun) _and_ with
all the automation so if you can refrain from writing Elisp,
reading ML threads with Gnus and so on and only do the actual
work - I mean with Emacs and Python - just how fast is that?

  advance too quickly, you catch up with death,
  but advance too slowly, death catches up with YOU

In Python, here is the one thing I ever wrote (with Emacs
obviously), still very fast devel for a completely
inexperienced guy.

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/#sth

So how fast is it for the pros? (Pro in terms of
time/experience, not necessarily money tho that doesn't
disqualify ;))

> company + anaconda + jedi. Now I've learned about eglot and
> enabled that. With eglot, should I disable some of the
> older packages?

What do you do with those and God almighty HOW FAST IS THAT???

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: eglot + company + anaconda + jedi
@ 2022-10-28  7:14 ` Thierry Leurent
From: Thierry Leurent @ 2022-10-28  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

If you use use-package, there is à disable option.
Howard have you find your config ?

@ 2022-10-28 11:58   ` Neal Becker
From: Neal Becker @ 2022-10-28 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Thierry Leurent wrote:

> If you use use-package, there is à disable option.
> Howard have you find your config ?
>
> Le 27 octobre 2022 20:34:42 GMT+02:00, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>>I have been using emacs for python programming for some years, and had
>>setup
>>company + anaconda + jedi.  Now I've learned about eglot and enabled that.
>>With eglot, should I disable some of the older packages?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Neal

Sorry, maybe I was unclear.  My question is, if I use eglot, should I
disable jedi, and/or anaconda, and/or company?  Or will all of these work
together?

@ 2022-10-28 12:52     ` Yuri Khan
From: Yuri Khan @ 2022-10-28 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neal Becker; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Fri, 28 Oct 2022 at 19:00, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, maybe I was unclear.  My question is, if I use eglot, should I
> disable jedi, and/or anaconda, and/or company?  Or will all of these work
> together?

Disable them all and see which functionality you find missing?

* Re: eglot + company + anaconda + jedi
@ 2022-10-28 18:54     ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2022-10-28 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neal Becker, help-gnu-emacs

On 28.10.2022 14:58, Neal Becker wrote:
> Sorry, maybe I was unclear.  My question is, if I use eglot, should I
> disable jedi, and/or anaconda, and/or company?  Or will all of these work
> together?

Disable both jedi and anaconda. I didn't think it was possible to use
these two together either, though.