* Background colour of company selection
@ 2024-04-14  1:37 Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-04-14  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

How can I change the background colour of the selection entry when using company-mode ?
Currently I am using a dark theme and cannot see what selection I am currently on.

* Re: Background colour of company selection
@ 2024-04-14 10:51 ` Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2024-04-14 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime; +Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> writes:

> How can I change the background colour of the selection entry when using company-mode ?
> Currently I am using a dark theme and cannot see what selection I am currently on.

You can probably use

  M-x customize-apropos-faces company- RET

to get a list of company-related faces, and then identify the one
responsible for selection.  But this sounds more like a mistake in your
theme?

--
	Philip Kaludercic on icterid

* Re: Background colour of company selection
@ 2024-04-14 12:17   ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-04-14 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Kaludercic; +Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

On Sunday, April 14th, 2024 at 10:51 PM, Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> wrote:

> Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com writes:
>
> > How can I change the background colour of the selection entry when using company-mode ?
> > Currently I am using a dark theme and cannot see what selection I am currently on.
>

> You can probably use
>
> M-x customize-apropos-faces company- RET
>
> to get a list of company-related faces, and then identify the one
> responsible for selection. But this sounds more like a mistake in your
> theme? - Philip Kaludercic on icterid

I am using modus-themes

* Re: Background colour of company selection
@ 2024-04-14 12:23     ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-04-14 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime; +Cc: Philip Kaludercic,
	Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

On Monday, April 15th, 2024 at 12:17 AM, Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Sent with Proton Mail secure email.
>

> On Sunday, April 14th, 2024 at 10:51 PM, Philip Kaludercic philipk@posteo.net wrote:
>
> > Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com writes:
> >
> > > How can I change the background colour of the selection entry when using company-mode ?
> > > Currently I am using a dark theme and cannot see what selection I am currently on.
> >
> > You can probably use
> >
> > M-x customize-apropos-faces company- RET
> >
> > to get a list of company-related faces, and then identify the one
> > responsible for selection. But this sounds more like a mistake in your
> > theme? - Philip Kaludercic on icterid
>

> I am using modus-themes

The one to change seems to be company-tooltip-selection which is currently set
to :background "gray31".  How way I change it in elisp code ?

* Re: Background colour of company selection
@ 2024-04-14 12:34       ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-04-14 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime; +Cc: Philip Kaludercic,

On Monday, April 15th, 2024 at 12:23 AM, Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, April 15th, 2024 at 12:17 AM, Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com wrote:
>
> > Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

> > > You can probably use
> > >
> > > M-x customize-apropos-faces company- RET
> > >
> > > to get a list of company-related faces, and then identify the one
> > > responsible for selection. But this sounds more like a mistake in your
> > > theme? - Philip Kaludercic on icterid
> >
> > I am using modus-themes
>

> The one to change seems to be company-tooltip-selection which is currently set
> to :background "gray31". How way I change it in elisp code ?

I could not activate the following change

(defface company-tooltip-selection
  '((t (:background "blue" :foreground "yellov")))
  "Face for the selected item in company tooltip.")

Might be that I am changing the wrong face though.  Quite unsure.

* Re: Background colour of company selection
@ 2024-04-14 13:21         ` Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2024-04-14 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime; +Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> writes:

> On Monday, April 15th, 2024 at 12:23 AM, Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sunday, April 14th, 2024 at 10:51 PM, Philip Kaludercic philipk@posteo.net wrote:
>
> > Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com writes:
> >
> > > How can I change the background colour of the selection entry when using company-mode ?
> > > Currently I am using a dark theme and cannot see what selection I am currently on.
> >
> > You can probably use
> >
> > M-x customize-apropos-faces company- RET
> >
> > to get a list of company-related faces, and then identify the one
> > responsible for selection. But this sounds more like a mistake in your
> > theme? - Philip Kaludercic on icterid
>
> I am using modus-themes
>
> The one to change seems to be company-tooltip-selection which is currently set
> to :background "gray31". How way I change it in elisp code ?

You can try using `set-face-foreground' and `set-face-background'.

> I could not activate the following change
>
> (defface company-tooltip-selection
>   '((t (:background "blue" :foreground "yellov")))
                                         ^
                                         note the typo

>   "Face for the selected item in company tooltip.")
>
> Might be that I am changing the wrong face though.  Quite unsure.

I don't use Company, so I cannot say for sure what the right face is.

--

@ 2024-04-14 18:00         ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-04-14 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime; +Cc: Philip Kaludercic,

On Monday, April 15th, 2024 at 12:34 AM, Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, April 15th, 2024 at 12:23 AM, Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com wrote:
>
> > On Monday, April 15th, 2024 at 12:17 AM, Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com wrote:
> >
> > > Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

> > > I am using modus-themes
> >
> > The one to change seems to be company-tooltip-selection which is currently set
> > to :background "gray31". How way I change it in elisp code ?
>

> I could not activate the following change
>
> (defface company-tooltip-selection
> '((t (:background "blue" :foreground "yellov")))
> "Face for the selected item in company tooltip.")
>
> Might be that I am changing the wrong face though. Quite unsure.

Have now tried changing face values of several variables without success,
including

company-tooltip-selection,
company-tooltip-scrollbar-track,
company-preview-search,