unofficial mirror of emacs-tangents@gnu.org
* Reminder: Last week to complete the Emacs User Survey
@ 2020-11-23 15:10 Adrien Brochard
From: Adrien Brochard @ 2020-11-23 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-tangents

This is the last week to respond to the Emacs User Survey as it will
close on November 30th 2020.

Note that all responses will be made public after processing. Please do
not share personal information or anything you would not be comfortable
posting publicly.

To submit your response, you can either:

Fill out the online form (this requires nonfree Javascript)
https://form.jotform.com/202884894078067

OR

Download the response template and email it completed as message body to
responses2020@emacssurvey.org (your email address will not be released)
https://emacssurvey.org/emacs-user-survey-2020.org

Thank you everyone who help launch this! Please share the survey with
your Emacs friends or colleagues!

Full details at emacssurvey.org

Best,
Adrien Brochard

* Re: Reminder: Last week to complete the Emacs User Survey
@ 2020-11-23 18:17 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-11-23 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrien Brochard; +Cc: emacs-tangents

* Adrien Brochard <abrochard@gmx.com> [2020-11-23 18:12]:
> This is the last week to respond to the Emacs User Survey as it will
> close on November 30th 2020.
>
> Note that all responses will be made public after processing. Please do
> not share personal information or anything you would not be comfortable
> posting publicly.
>
> To submit your response, you can either:
>
> Fill out the online form (this requires nonfree Javascript)
> https://form.jotform.com/202884894078067

It is trivial to make a simple HTML form that does not require
Javascript. You know that, as I wrote to you in the survey

To learn how to make an HTML form is about 1 hour, not longer. To
write it is maybe 1 hour. I can bet that you spent more time in
implementing third party feature that uses nonfree Javascript.

Invitation to any page with nonfree Javascript drivers user to
non-free software which in turn is contradictory to the purpose of why
Emacs itself was created.

If there is nothing wrong for you to tell people to access non-free
software, there is even less wrong to tell you that your approach is
self-contradictory.