unofficial mirror of emacs-tangents@gnu.org
* emacs friendly platform like dokuwiki&zulip
@ 2019-06-07 11:09 Van L
From: Van L @ 2019-06-07 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-tangents

Hello,

What are the emacs friendly platforms out there
for blogging, wiki, chat threading?

_Use case:_ to share what you want from Org Mode and
Hyperbole in your files.

_For example:_ I've figured out how to get all the
fonts to display for 'M-x view-hello-file' and want
that to be listed freely on a domain name I own

--
© 2019 Van L
gpg using EEF2 37E9 3840 0D5D 9183  251E 9830 384E 9683 B835

* Re: emacs friendly platform like dokuwiki&zulip
@ 2019-06-07 18:40 ` Alan Third
From: Alan Third @ 2019-06-07 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Van L; +Cc: emacs-tangents

On Fri, Jun 07, 2019 at 09:09:53PM +1000, Van L wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What are the emacs friendly platforms out there
> for blogging, wiki, chat threading?
>
> _Use case:_ to share what you want from Org Mode and
> Hyperbole in your files.
>
> _For example:_ I've figured out how to get all the
> fonts to display for 'M-x view-hello-file' and want
> that to be listed freely on a domain name I own

It may not be what you’re after, and I don’t know about Hyperbole, but
if you have some basic web space available it’s pretty easy to
configure org publish to create a website. I won’t hold my site up as
an excellent example, but the configuration for mine is pretty much
all in one org file:

    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/alanthird/idiocy.org/master/index.org

I just hit C‐c C‐c in that first source block under _export_ and it
does its thing.
--
Alan Third

* Re: emacs friendly platform like dokuwiki&zulip
@ 2019-06-12  5:04   ` Van L
From: Van L @ 2019-06-12  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-tangents

Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org> writes:

>     https://raw.githubusercontent.com/alanthird/idiocy.org/master/index.org
>
> I just hit C‐c C‐c in that first source block under _export_ and it
> does its thing.

Thanks for the hint.  I guess a service on
dreamhost has a low enough learning curve to start
but I just don't know if it will be Emacs
friendly.  I have tried a 'Dot' blog product.  It
had and xml menu option but I didn't figure out if
that allowed Emacs to edit.

--

@ 2019-06-29 17:10 ` Amin Bandali
From: Amin Bandali @ 2019-06-29 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Van L; +Cc: emacs-tangents

Hello,

Van L <van@scratch.space> writes:

> Hello,
>
> What are the emacs friendly platforms out there
> for blogging, wiki, chat threading?
>
> _Use case:_ to share what you want from Org Mode and
> Hyperbole in your files.
>
> _For example:_ I've figured out how to get all the
> fonts to display for 'M-x view-hello-file' and want
> that to be listed freely on a domain name I own

Seconding Alan’s suggestion of org-publish.  Besides that, org-page [0]
and org-static-blog [1] come to mind as well for static sites/blogs.

[0]: https://github.com/sillykelvin/org-page
[1]: https://github.com/bastibe/org-static-blog

Since you mentioned dokuwiki, if you don’t mind a non-static
alternative, I’ll raise you Oddmuse [2], another wiki engine that’s been
around for a good while.  It supports a number of different markups, and
there’s a version supporting Org [3], but sadly it doesn’t seem to be
actively maintained.  It may still be worth looking into though.

Regarding its emacs-friendliness, there’s an Oddmuse mode [4] that I’ve
been meaning to look into but haven’t gotten around to yet.  If you end
up trying it out, I’d be interested in hearing your experience with it.

[2]: https://oddmuse.org
[3]: https://oddmuse.org/wiki/Org_Markup_Extension
[4]: https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/OddmuseMode

-amin

* Re: emacs friendly platform like dokuwiki&zulip
@ 2019-07-28  7:47   ` VanL
From: VanL @ 2019-07-28  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amin Bandali; +Cc: emacs-tangents

> On 30 Jun 2019, at 03:10, Amin Bandali <bandali@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> Regarding its emacs-friendliness, there’s an Oddmuse mode [4] that I’ve
> been meaning to look into but haven’t gotten around to yet.  If you end
> up trying it out, I’d be interested in hearing your experience with it.
>
> [4]: https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/OddmuseMode

Thanks for sharing that information.  Like you I haven't got to the point of trying it out.  In our gap of knowledge you might like to read this [1] before it expires any day now, and see [2]

  Kubrick enrolled as a non-matriculating student at
  Columbia University and became a voracious reader

[1]: http://www.oxforddnb.com/viewbydoi/10.1093/ref:odnb/72090
[2]: YouTube
	UFC 239: Jorge Masvidal - "His Skill Set is Not My Skill Set"