* Displaying the emacs pgtk branch in a browser window
@ 2020-12-22 22:18 joakim
From: joakim @ 2020-12-22 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I found this pretty interesting. Perhaps this has already been
commented on, then sorry for the noise.

It is possible to run the emacs pgtk branch so that you can view the
emacs frame inside a brower window, in my case I tested using Firefox.

First compile pgtk emacs:

git checkout feature/pgtk
./autogen.sh
./configure   --with-pgtk --with-imagemagick  --with-json
make -j32

Then run emacs inside the broadway display server, that converts gtk
calls to html:

GDK_BACKEND=broadway BROADWAY_DISPLAY=:6  src/emacs -Q

Now witness emacs running inside a browser window:
http://localhost:8086/

Mos of the things I tested worked nicely. Well done, pgtk team!

Regards,
/Joakim
--
Joakim Verona
joakim@verona.se

* Re: Displaying the emacs pgtk branch in a browser window
@ 2020-12-23  1:54 ` 황병희
From: 황병희 @ 2020-12-23  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

joakim@verona.se writes:

> I found this pretty interesting. Perhaps this has already been
> commented on, then sorry for the noise.
>
> It is possible to run the emacs pgtk branch so that you can view the
> emacs frame inside a brower window, in my case I tested using Firefox.
>
> First compile pgtk emacs:
>
> git checkout feature/pgtk
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure   --with-pgtk --with-imagemagick  --with-json
> make -j32
>
> Then run emacs inside the broadway display server, that converts gtk
> calls to html:
>
> GDK_BACKEND=broadway BROADWAY_DISPLAY=:6  src/emacs -Q
>
> Now witness emacs running inside a browser window:
> http://localhost:8086/
>
> Mos of the things I tested worked nicely. Well done, pgtk team!

Dear Joakim,

Though i don't have the technical background, i am _very_ *happy* to know
your testing and the result!!!

Thank You Thank You ^^^

Sincerely, Wayland fan Byung-Hee

--