* BSDs on web pages
@ 2020-03-06 19:19 Joseph Mingrone
From: Joseph Mingrone @ 2020-03-06 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel, Nicolas Petton; +Cc: emacs

Hello all,

For the FreeBSD packages, we try to be proactive in keeping up with
development, especially in the past few years.  For example, see
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D23966

We also provide a FreeBSD development package that pulls from the master
branch around the 1st and 15th of each month, so that users can test and
report bugs as soon as possible.

Could we get /top billing/ with GNU/Linux, Windows, and MacOS on the web
page?  If so, some simple patches for emacs.html and download.html are
included below.  You can view the changes at
https://ftfl.ca/misc/emacs/emacs.html

Thank you and regards,

Joseph

[-- Attachment #2: emacs.html.diff --]

59c59
<                         <a href="download.html#gnu-linux">&darr; GNU/Linux</a>
---

[-- Attachment #3: download.html.diff --]

62c62
<                     <h2 id="gnu-linux">GNU/Linux</h2>
---
>                     <h2 id="gnu-linux">GNU/Linux and BSDs</h2>
64,65c64,65
<                     <p>Most GNU/Linux distributions provide GNU
<                         Emacs in their repositories, which is the recommended
---
>                         Emacs in their package repositories, which is the recommended

* Re: BSDs on web pages
@ 2020-03-07 16:27 ` Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2020-03-07 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Mingrone, Emacs Devel, Nicolas Petton; +Cc: emacs

Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca> writes:

> Hello all,

Hi Joseph,

> Could we get /top billing/ with GNU/Linux, Windows, and MacOS on the web
> page?  If so, some simple patches for emacs.html and download.html are
> included below.  You can view the changes at
> https://ftfl.ca/misc/emacs/emacs.html

Yes, that looks good to me, I'll apply the patch.

Thanks,
Nico

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: BSDs on web pages
@ 2020-03-07 16:55   ` Joseph Mingrone
From: Joseph Mingrone @ 2020-03-07 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Petton; +Cc: emacs, Emacs Devel

Nicolas Petton <nico@petton.fr> writes:

> Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca> writes:

>> Hello all,

> Hi Joseph,

>> Could we get /top billing/ with GNU/Linux, Windows, and MacOS on the web
>> page?  If so, some simple patches for emacs.html and download.html are
>> included below.  You can view the changes at
>> https://ftfl.ca/misc/emacs/emacs.html

> Yes, that looks good to me, I'll apply the patch.

> Thanks,
> Nico

Thanks Nico. :)

Joseph

* Re: BSDs on web pages
@ 2020-03-08 10:45 ` 황병희
From: 황병희 @ 2020-03-08 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel

Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca> writes:

> We also provide a FreeBSD development package that pulls from the master
> branch around the 1st and 15th of each month, so that users can test and
> report bugs as soon as possible.
> https://ftfl.ca/misc/emacs/emacs.html

That looks good to me, awesome^^^

Sincerely, Byung-Hee