* master build failure
       [not found] <877ciczxcl.fsf.ref@yahoo.com>
@ 2024-03-08 13:06 ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2024-03-08 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I implore everyone tampering with EIEIO to please run a complete
bootstrap before pushing their changes going forward.  What follows is
the third build failure I've run afoul of upon pulling an inadequately
tested change involving this area in recent memory, which should raise
quite a few red flags as to the quantity and quality of their testing.

It goes without saying that I should also like to see it fixed.

In toplevel form:
cedet/ede.el:48:11: Error: Wrong type argument: eieio--class, #s(built-in-class record "Abstract type of objects with slots." (#s(built-in-class atom "The type of anything but cons cells." (#s(built-in-class t "The type of everything." nil nil nil)) nil nil)) nil nil)

In toplevel form:
cedet/ede/base.el:31:11: Error: Wrong type argument: eieio--class, #s(built-in-class record "Abstract type of objects with slots." (#s(built-in-class atom "The type of anything but cons cells." (#s(built-in-class t "The type of everything." nil nil nil)) nil nil)) nil nil)

* Re: master build failure
@ 2024-03-08 13:43   ` Andrea Corallo
From: Andrea Corallo @ 2024-03-08 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> I implore everyone tampering with EIEIO to please run a complete
> bootstrap before pushing their changes going forward.

Type related changes can easily impact the native compiler that make use
of the type structure.

So a big +1 from me, especially for moments like now when I'm few hours
from my holidays :)

  Andrea