* [feature/native-comp] Completion doesn't start after "." is pressed in go-mode with gopls
@ 2021-02-02  6:01 X L
From: X L @ 2021-02-02  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

use lsp-mode + go-mode + gopls, after use native-comp, it can't complete,
must type C-M-i to manual trigger complete

* Re: [feature/native-comp] Completion doesn't start after "." is pressed in go-mode with gopls
@ 2021-02-02 17:17 ` akrl--- via Emacs development discussions.
From: akrl--- via Emacs development discussions. @ 2021-02-02 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: X L; +Cc: emacs-devel

X L <lqu3qf@gmail.com> writes:

> use lsp-mode + go-mode + gopls, after use native-comp, it can't complete,  must type C-M-i to manual trigger complete

Hi,

I suggest to try on a non native-comp Emacs to make sure the bug is
native-comp related.  If that's the case please open a bug with a full
reproducer we can use to investigate, please see [1].

If this is not native-comp related please open an issue into lsp-mode.

BTW doing that anyway even if this is native-comp related might help as
lsp-mode maintainers can probably easily figura out what's the
misscompiled routine.

Thanks

  Andrea

[1] <https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Bugs.html#Bugs>

* Re: [feature/native-comp] Completion doesn't start after "." is pressed in go-mode with gopls
@ 2021-02-02 18:55   ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2021-02-02 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

akrl--- via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
writes:

> X L <lqu3qf@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> use lsp-mode + go-mode + gopls, after use native-comp, it can't complete,  must type C-M-i to manual trigger complete
>>

> Hi,
>
> I suggest to try on a non native-comp Emacs to make sure the bug is
> native-comp related.

Amazingly enough, this only happens with native-comp working.

> If that's the case please open a bug with a full
> reproducer we can use to investigate, please see [1].

It is in my todo time to narrow down the issue before reporting it to
you, as it probably requires configuring too many things. Don't hold
your breath, though.

> If this is not native-comp related please open an issue into lsp-mode.

See https://github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-mode/issues/2499

The subject mentions Go, but I'm using lsp-mode for Dart/Flutter and see
the same.

> BTW doing that anyway even if this is native-comp related might help as
> lsp-mode maintainers can probably easily figura out what's the
> misscompiled routine.

The bug was closed by the reporter once it was clear that the problem is
specific to native-comp.

* Re: [feature/native-comp] Completion doesn't start after "." is pressed in go-mode with gopls
@ 2021-02-02 20:01     ` akrl--- via Emacs development discussions.
From: akrl--- via Emacs development discussions. @ 2021-02-02 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Óscar Fuentes; +Cc: emacs-devel

Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> writes:

> akrl--- via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> writes:
>
>> X L <lqu3qf@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> use lsp-mode + go-mode + gopls, after use native-comp, it can't complete,  must type C-M-i to manual trigger complete
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I suggest to try on a non native-comp Emacs to make sure the bug is
>> native-comp related.
>
> Amazingly enough, this only happens with native-comp working.

Nice :)

>> If that's the case please open a bug with a full
>> reproducer we can use to investigate, please see [1].
>
> It is in my todo time to narrow down the issue before reporting it to
> you, as it probably requires configuring too many things. Don't hold
> your breath, though.

Please do so it would be a big help (I'm not and lsp user nor I've an
lsp setup).

>> If this is not native-comp related please open an issue into lsp-mode.
>
> See https://github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-mode/issues/2499
>
> The subject mentions Go, but I'm using lsp-mode for Dart/Flutter and see
> the same.
>
>> BTW doing that anyway even if this is native-comp related might help as
>> lsp-mode maintainers can probably easily figura out what's the
>> misscompiled routine.
>
> The bug was closed by the reporter once it was clear that the problem is
> specific to native-comp.

I'm sure an alternative is to ask lsp-mode guys to help narrowing down
the issue.

Thanks

  Andrea