* Problem with cvs version of emacs
@ 2004-02-01 15:31 Piet van Oostrum
From: Piet van Oostrum @ 2004-02-01 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

The current cvs emacs 'make bootstrap' fails:

./temacs --batch --load loadup bootstrap

[stuff deleted]

Symbol's value as variable is void: non-iso-charset-alist

As you see, non-iso-charset-alist is not defined while loading
language/cyrillic.el
The same would be true with language/european.el.

I could continue by temporarily adding
 (load "international/code-pages") to loadup.el, but I don't know if
 that is a good solution.

Another problem is that progmodes/grep.el refers to a nonexistent
function executable-command-find-unix-p, which probably should be
executable-command-find-posix-p.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum@hccnet.nl

* Re: Problem with cvs version of emacs
@ 2004-02-02  0:06 ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2004-02-02  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

In article <16413.7102.161518.571990@Ordesa.local>, "Piet van Oostrum" <piet@cs.uu.nl> writes:
> The current cvs emacs 'make bootstrap' fails:
> ./temacs --batch --load loadup bootstrap

> [stuff deleted]

> Symbol's value as variable is void: non-iso-charset-alist

> As you see, non-iso-charset-alist is not defined while loading
> language/cyrillic.el
> The same would be true with language/european.el.

> I could continue by temporarily adding
>  (load "international/code-pages") to loadup.el, but I don't know if
>  that is a good solution.

That's strange.  As non-iso-charset-alist is defined in
mule-diag with autoload cookie, it should also be defined in
loaddefs.el.  It seems that building of loaddefs.el somehow
failed in you case.  Could you check it?

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
handa@m17n.org

* Re: Problem with cvs version of emacs
@ 2004-02-02 12:37   ` Piet van Oostrum
From: Piet van Oostrum @ 2004-02-02 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

KH> That's strange.  As non-iso-charset-alist is defined in
KH> mule-diag with autoload cookie, it should also be defined in
KH> loaddefs.el.  It seems that building of loaddefs.el somehow
KH> failed in you case.  Could you check it?

It is strange indeed. I looked into the log and loaddefs was loaded and it
contains a defvar for non-iso-charset-alist and still the errormessage was
there.

Even stranger, I did a make bootstrap again today and it succeeded.