* pcl-cvs: move cursor
@ 2002-03-31 16:27 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-03-31 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

PCL-CVS displays lines like this in the "*cvs*" buffer:

/----
|               Up-To-Date  1.1         ChangeLog
\----

The cursor is always at the beginning of the line.  Since the
filename is so far away from the cursor, I'm having trouble to see
which line is the current line.

WIBNI the cursor was moved to the right so that it is near the
filename?

(After the `n' and `p' commands, in particular.)

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re: pcl-cvs: move cursor
@ 2002-04-01  2:12 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2002-04-01  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> PCL-CVS displays lines like this in the "*cvs*" buffer:
>
> /----
> |               Up-To-Date  1.1         ChangeLog
> \----
>
> The cursor is always at the beginning of the line.  Since the
> filename is so far away from the cursor, I'm having trouble to see
> which line is the current line.
>
> WIBNI the cursor was moved to the right so that it is near the
> filename?
>
> (After the `n' and `p' commands, in particular.)

Agreed.  Setting the goal-column should be enough for `n' and `p'.
Feel free to do it (do you have write-access?).

* Re: pcl-cvs: move cursor
@ 2002-04-01 15:17   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-04-01 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/emacs@rum.cs.yale.edu> writes:

> Agreed.  Setting the goal-column should be enough for `n' and `p'.
> Feel free to do it (do you have write-access?).

I see that this statement is already there, but commented out.
Surely there is a reason for that fact.  Do you know the reason?

Maybe the reason is that the right approach is to have the cursor move
to different spots depending on the current line.  I don't know if it
is possible to put data into the "cookies" structure that tells where
to put point.

Or can cvs-mode-next-line somehow find out if it is on a file line
and then do the right thing?

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re: pcl-cvs: move cursor
@ 2002-04-03 16:58 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-04-03 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> PCL-CVS displays lines like this in the "*cvs*" buffer:
>
> /----
> |               Up-To-Date  1.1         ChangeLog
> \----
>
> The cursor is always at the beginning of the line.  Since the
> filename is so far away from the cursor, I'm having trouble to see
> which line is the current line.
>
> WIBNI the cursor was moved to the right so that it is near the
> filename?

I have now committed a patch which moves to the beginning of the
filename for those lines which contain a filename; on other lines,
the cursor stays in the beginning of the line.

kai
--
Silence is foo!