* Emacs git tip fails to build
@ 2011-02-14  5:57 Manoj Srivastava
From: Manoj Srivastava @ 2011-02-14  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

        The error message is:
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp'
Compiling url/url-imap.el

In toplevel form:
url/url-imap.el:35:1:Error: Cannot open load file: imap
make[2]: *** [url/url-imap.elc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp'
make[1]: *** [compile-main] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp'
make: *** [lisp] Error 2

        MANOJ
--
If the thunder don't get you, then the lightning will.
4096R/C5779A1C E37E 5EC5 2A01 DA25 AD20  05B6 CF48 9438 C577 9A1C

* Re: Emacs git tip fails to build
@ 2011-02-14  6:35 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2011-02-14  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

This is already fixed. The git mirror is out-of-date. If you want to use
it, always wait at least a day before reporting something.

* Re: Emacs git tip fails to build
@ 2011-02-15  1:05   ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2011-02-15  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:
> This is already fixed. The git mirror is out-of-date. If you want to use
> it, always wait at least a day before reporting something.

If you want the goodness of git locally, but also want to use the bzr
repo directly to avoid delays, I've had some success with "git-bzr-hg":

   https://github.com/termie/git-bzr-ng

I've only used it for pulling though, I haven't yet tried to commit
anything that way yet.

[BTW, the README talks about patching "bzr-fastimport" to get rid of
some bugs in that utility, but the version in debian seems as if it may
already have the patch applied...]

-Miles

--
Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as
they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a

* Re: Emacs git tip fails to build
@ 2011-02-15 13:51     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-02-15 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:05:13 +0900 Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:

MB> If you want the goodness of git locally, but also want to use the bzr
MB> repo directly to avoid delays, I've had some success with "git-bzr-hg":
MB>    https://github.com/termie/git-bzr-ng

For a moment I thought it was a Mercurial-to-Bazaar-to-Git interface.
Which wouldn't surprise me too much, actually :)

Ted