From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Where is patch? - problems with patch.exe on w32
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:38:23 +0200	[thread overview]

> Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:19:32 +0100
> From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se>
> CC: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> I use the same command for update and initial checkout. Do you then add
> -kb to the command described on Emacs home page at Savannah?

Both "co" and "up" accept the -kb option.  So just add -kb to these
two commands as described on the savannah page.

> Since this procedure is not the standard procedure as far as I
> understand I wonder if there are any more problems with doing so? What
> about check ins? What about those part in the emacs/nt subdirectory?

No problems at all, except that "cvs up" cannot patch files (because
they are treated as binary), so it downloads the whole files
downstream, which takes longer, especially with large files (such as
ChangeLog).  Unless your connection is slow, this shouldn't matter
much, though.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with Patch; as I wrote patching Emacs
works even if you don't checkout with -kb.  (And I think we are way
off topic on this list, anyway.)