* rel-alloc for windows?
@ 2005-12-08  6:41 Ben Wing
From: Ben Wing @ 2005-12-08  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

has anyone in GNU land gotten rel-alloc to work for Windows?  it should
certainly be possible; there's even an implementation of sbrk() in
w32heap.c (XEmacs ntheap.c).  but i don't see any evidence of it in the
GNU emacs source code of this getting used with rel-alloc.

* Re: rel-alloc for windows?
@ 2005-12-08  8:34 ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2005-12-08  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs Devel, XEmacs Beta

* Ben Wing <ben@666.com> writes:

    > has anyone in GNU land gotten rel-alloc to work for Windows?  it
    > should certainly be possible; there's even an implementation of
    > sbrk() in w32heap.c (XEmacs ntheap.c).  but i don't see any
    > evidence of it in the GNU emacs source code of this getting used
    > with rel-alloc.

rel-alloc ? Are you talking about the relocatable allocator ? I used to
compile xemacs with src/ralloc.c. I think I was using the MMAP scheme. I
can have a look to my old patches if you are interested. How evever, it
compiled, I have been using it quite heavily (gnus!) but  I have no
evidence that the reallocation stuff was actually working.

--
Fabrice

* Re: rel-alloc for windows?
@ 2005-12-08 19:37 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-12-08 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel, xemacs-beta

> Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 00:41:52 -0600
> From: Ben Wing <ben@666.com>
>
> has anyone in GNU land gotten rel-alloc to work for Windows?  it should
> certainly be possible; there's even an implementation of sbrk() in
> w32heap.c (XEmacs ntheap.c).  but i don't see any evidence of it in the
> GNU emacs source code of this getting used with rel-alloc.

??? I do see evidence that the Windows port of Emacs uses the
relocatable allocator: nt/config.nt (the source of src/config.h for
the Windows port) defines REL_ALLOC.  And in my NTEmacs build tree,
there's ralloc.o in the directory where the object files are produced.