* Planning Emacs-24.4
@ 2013-11-16 17:21 Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-11-16 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

So, it's getting time for Emacs-24.4.

I'd like to freeze the code before the end of this year (I'm thinking of
mid-december).

If you have some code you'd like to see included in Emacs-24.4, then
please install it "now", and if it's not ready yet, then tell me, so we
can see how to accommodate it.

* Re: Planning Emacs-24.4
@ 2013-11-16 18:56 ` Bastien
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-16 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

> If you have some code you'd like to see included in Emacs-24.4, then
> please install it "now", and if it's not ready yet, then tell me, so we
> can see how to accommodate it.

I would like to spend some time working on register.el to see what
can be imported from register-list.el. I've not checked Leo's work
closely, so maybe this is not too much work, but I don't really
know yet.  I expect to do this before the end of the month.

Also, Org 8.3 is on its way (only minor differences with the current
Org version from Emacs trunk) and it be great to merge it in Emacs
when it's released.  I need to check with Carsten if he's okay
releasing 8.3 from Org git master branch soon.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Planning Emacs-24.4
@ 2013-11-17  5:13 ` Leo Liu
From: Leo Liu @ 2013-11-17  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 2013-11-17 01:21 +0800, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> So, it's getting time for Emacs-24.4.
>
> I'd like to freeze the code before the end of this year (I'm thinking of
> mid-december).
>
> If you have some code you'd like to see included in Emacs-24.4, then
> please install it "now", and if it's not ready yet, then tell me, so we
> can see how to accommodate it.
>

>         Stefan

I hope http://debbugs.gnu.org/13594 get fixed this time.

Leo

* Re: Planning Emacs-24.4
@ 2013-11-19 13:44 ` Darren Hoo
From: Darren Hoo @ 2013-11-19 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Please mention in etc/NEWS that mouse support of menus on text-mode
terminals does not work on XT terminals.

* Re: Planning Emacs-24.4
@ 2013-11-19 16:20   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2013-11-19 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darren Hoo; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Darren Hoo <darren.hoo@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:44:48 +0800
>
> Please mention in etc/NEWS that mouse support of menus on text-mode
> terminals does not work on XT terminals.

What is an "XT terminal"?  Does Emacs support a mouse on such a
terminal, and if so, where's the support code?

* Re: Planning Emacs-24.4
@ 2013-11-20  6:58     ` Darren Hoo
From: Darren Hoo @ 2013-11-20  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: darren.hoo

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Darren Hoo <darren.hoo@gmail.com>
>> Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:44:48 +0800
>>
>> Please mention in etc/NEWS that mouse support of menus on text-mode
>> terminals does not work on XT terminals.
>
> What is an "XT terminal"?  Does Emacs support a mouse on such a
> terminal, and if so, where's the support code?

sorry, I mean the feature like xterm-mouse-mode provides
ie, xt-mouse.el which you have mentioned here earlier:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-10/msg00502.html

* Re: Planning Emacs-24.4
@ 2013-11-20 17:47       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2013-11-20 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darren Hoo; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Darren Hoo <darren.hoo@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 14:58:11 +0800
> Cc: darren.hoo@gmail.com
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> >> From: Darren Hoo <darren.hoo@gmail.com>
> >> Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:44:48 +0800
> >>
> >> Please mention in etc/NEWS that mouse support of menus on text-mode
> >> terminals does not work on XT terminals.
> >
> > What is an "XT terminal"?  Does Emacs support a mouse on such a
> > terminal, and if so, where's the support code?
>
> sorry, I mean the feature like xterm-mouse-mode provides
> ie, xt-mouse.el which you have mentioned here earlier:

xt-mouse is explicitly coded to invoke tmm-menubar, so I'm not sure
this is a bug.  I will try to take a look when I have time.  The
release is not too close to worry about documenting this, anyway.

* Re: Planning Emacs-24.4
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2013-11-23  3:12 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-11-23  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I think it would be nice if developers could try and review/apply some
of the patches people have sent, so that they make it into 24.4:

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?include=tags%3Apatch;exclude=pending%3Adone;package=emacs