* Re: Bulgarian language environment
       [not found]       ` <3DC6DB0F.90005@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>
@ 2002-11-06  4:50         ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-11-06  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: d.love, emacs-devel

    I got a positive answer from copyright-clerk@fsf.org that my assignment
    is delivered (finally).

So, what should we now install?

    I just saw that the two input methods and the language environment are
    already in CVS Emacs :-)

Does this mean we installed your changes without getting the proper
papers?  I don't see a bulgarian.el now.

* Re: Bulgarian language environment
@ 2002-11-06  6:06           ` Ognyan Kulev
From: Ognyan Kulev @ 2002-11-06  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: d.love, emacs-devel

Richard Stallman wrote:
>     I just saw that the two input methods and the language environment are
>     already in CVS Emacs :-)
>
> Does this mean we installed your changes without getting the proper
> papers?  I don't see a bulgarian.el now.

Bulgarian-bds input method is included in leim/quail/cyrillic.el[1] in
17 July.  Copyright clerk wrote that the assignment is delivered in 31
May but I didn't know that it's delivered successfully till now.

The other input method (bulgarian-phonetic) seemed to clarify a previous
input method (bulgarian-pho)[2] and the language environment is not my
code I think (it's so simple that this doesn't matter).

I only wonder why the default input method is bulgarian-bds but not
bulgarian-phonetic.  Although BDS is the bulgarian standard for
typewriters nobody uses it except if he/she used typewriter before or
have enough patience to learn it because the layout is optimized for
bulgarian.  It has some fans though :-)

[1]
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/leim/quail/cyrillic.el.diff?r1=1.14&r2=1.15&diff_format=h
[2]
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/leim/quail/cyrillic.el.diff?r1=1.12&r2=1.13&diff_format=h

Regards
--
Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>, "\"Programmer\""

* Re: Bulgarian language environment
@ 2002-11-07 15:08             ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-11-07 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: d.love, emacs-devel

    I only wonder why the default input method is bulgarian-bds but not
    bulgarian-phonetic.  Although BDS is the bulgarian standard for
    typewriters nobody uses it except if he/she used typewriter before or
    have enough patience to learn it because the layout is optimized for
    bulgarian.  It has some fans though :-)

You know better than we do what is good for Bulgarians.
Please send a patch you propose for us to install,
with a change log entry.

* Re: Bulgarian language environment
@ 2002-11-07 19:10           ` Dave Love
From: Dave Love @ 2002-11-07 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ogi, emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> Does this mean we installed your changes without getting the proper
> papers?

I suspect not.  There have been multiple Cyrillic contributions and I
derived some of them from X and Yudit maps once I knew what was
required.  In most cases there is commentary in the source.

* Re: Bulgarian language environment
@ 2002-11-07 19:11             ` Dave Love
From: Dave Love @ 2002-11-07 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: rms, emacs-devel

Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> writes:

> I only wonder why the default input method is bulgarian-bds but not
> bulgarian-phonetic.

I don't remember.  It may have been suggested by another Cyrillic user
or it may be that it matches what xkb uses.  I followed X in the
absence of any other information (though I don't actually understand
xkb, which seems to be basically undocumented).

If everyone agrees that bulgarian-phonetic is appropriate, it's fine
to change it.  (I wonder why X uses the other one.)

* Re: Bulgarian language environment
@ 2002-11-09 20:54               ` Ognyan Kulev
From: Ognyan Kulev @ 2002-11-09 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Dave Love wrote:
> If everyone agrees that bulgarian-phonetic is appropriate, it's fine
> to change it.  (I wonder why X uses the other one.)

I talk with Anton Zinoviev (who influenced the choice of BDS in X) and
he said that people that use Phonetic are much more technically-oriented
and changing BDS to phonetic is not a problem for them.  So better leave
BDS as default.

Regards
--
Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>, "\"Programmer\""