* [kzeitler@sfsws1.de.lucent.com: No highlight in compilation-minor-mode when hi-lock-mode is on]
@ 2005-11-11  7:42 Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2005-11-11  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Would someone please investigate this and DTRT,
then ack this message?

Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:51:10 +0100 (MET)
From: Klaus Zeitler <kzeitler@sfsws1.de.lucent.com>
To: emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org
Subject: No highlight in compilation-minor-mode when hi-lock-mode is on
Sender: emacs-pretest-bug-bounces+rms=gnu.org@gnu.org

Symptoms:

1. start emacs -Q --no-site-file
2. M-x hi-lock-mode
3. C-x C-F <compilation-log-file>
   buffer is now in fundamental mode, nothing is highlighted
4. M-x compilation-minor-mode
=> buffer is not highlighted
But if I turn compilation mode off and on again, the buffer gets highlighted.

If emacs crashed, and you have the emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/vol/freeware/SunOS-5.8/emacs/cvs/share/emacs/22.0.50/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 22.0.50.4 (sparc-sun-solaris2.8, Motif Version 2.1.0)
 of 2005-11-09 on sfsws4
X server distributor `Sun Microsystems, Inc.', version 11.0.6410
configured using `configure '--with-gcc' '--prefix=/vol/freeware/SunOS-5.8/emacs/cvs' '--sharedstatedir=/vol/freeware/SunOS-5.8/emacs/cvs/share' '--with-x-toolkit=motif' '--x-includes=/usr/openwin/include:/usr/local/gnu/include:/opt/exp/gnu/include:/opt/exp/include:/opt/exp/lib/xpm/include' '--x-libraries=/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/local/gnu/lib:/opt/exp/gnu/lib:/opt/exp/lib:/opt/exp/lib/xpm/lib' '--with-pop' 'CC=gcc''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  unify-8859-on-encoding-mode: t
  utf-translate-cjk-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <re
port-emacs-bug>

Recent messages:
(/usr/local/gnu/cvs/head/bin/emacs -Q --no-site-file)
For information about the GNU Project and its goals, type C-h C-p.

* Re: [kzeitler@sfsws1.de.lucent.com: No highlight in compilation-minor-mode when hi-lock-mode is on]
@ 2005-11-12 17:19 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2005-11-12 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

I've checked in a fix.

@ 2005-11-15  7:58   ` Klaus Zeitler
From: Klaus Zeitler @ 2005-11-15  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: rms, emacs-devel

    Chong> I've checked in a fix.

works fine now. Thanks for the quick response.

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             kzeitler@lucent.com  |
---
Nichts auf der Welt ist so gerecht verteilt wie der Verstand.  Denn
jedermann ist überzeugt, daß er genug davon habe. -- Rene Descartes