* gnu.emacs.help low traffic
@ 2011-05-04  0:36 Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2011-05-04  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Is it just me or is gnu.emacs.help's traffic much lower than a couple
months ago?

* Re: gnu.emacs.help low traffic
@ 2011-05-04  0:49 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2011-05-04  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Is it just me or is gnu.emacs.help's traffic much lower than a couple
> months ago?

Looks like the mail:news gateway is dead again. It's clearest in the
bug list, which indicates it died ~ April 11. By a complete
non-coincidence, this is when lists.gnu.org was moved to a new host:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2011-04/msg00005.html

* Re: gnu.emacs.help low traffic
@ 2011-05-04  0:57   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2011-05-04  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

PS I'll mail sysadmin@gnu about this.

* Re: gnu.emacs.help low traffic
@ 2011-05-13  3:01     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2011-05-13  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris wrote:

> PS I'll mail sysadmin@gnu about this.

No response. I guess I'll wait a few more days then ask them again.

* Re: gnu.emacs.help low traffic
@ 2011-05-15  1:49       ` Tim Cross
From: Tim Cross @ 2011-05-15  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

gnu.emacs.bug does not appear to be getting updated either. Have seen no new
items for quite some time and even though I logged a bug earlier this week,
it has not appeared either (though I did get the confirmation email, so I
know it was received by the bug tracker).

Tim

@ 2011-05-15  2:09         ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2011-05-15  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Cross; +Cc: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-05/msg00146.html

   Looks like the mail:news gateway is dead again. It's clearest in the
   bug list, which indicates it died ~ April 11.

By "the mail:news gateway" I meant the gateway between all GNU mailing
lists and their associated newsgroups.

* Re: gnu.emacs.help low traffic
@ 2011-05-15  3:25           ` Tim Cross
From: Tim Cross @ 2011-05-15  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

OK, thanks Glenn. I'll give it a while longer. If there is no change, I'll
look at moving to another interface. I can live without gnu.emacs.help -
google groups probably has more happening anyway. However, gnu.emacs.bug is
a real source of frustration. Really liked the news interface over other
interfaces

Tim

@ 2011-05-15  7:28             ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2011-05-15  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Cross; +Cc: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

> Really liked the news interface over other interfaces

Try gmane.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org