* Known case that emacs lisp code doesn't work correctly if native compilde
@ 2021-08-30 18:30 Yasuhiro Kimura
From: Yasuhiro Kimura @ 2021-08-30 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

Mew is a mail reader for Emacs (http://www.mew.org/). I have been used
Mew as my mail readler for a while. But while testing native
compilation with FreeBSD amd64, I faced the problem that Mew doesn't
work correctly if .el files of Mew are native compiled.

I reported the problem to mailing list of Mew and recieved a reply
that Debian also faces it and works it around by setting
'no-native-compile' variable to 't' as file-local variable binding.
So it seems the problem is caused by native compilation itself and
isn't specific to some OS.

I would like to investigate it but probably it will take for a while.
So before starting it I would like to ask one question.

Is there any known case that some type of emacs lisp code doesn't work
correctly if it is native compiled?

Best Regards.

---
Yasuhiro Kimura