* Remnant bzr revision numbers
@ 2014-11-13 13:58 Eric S. Raymond
From: Eric S. Raymond @ 2014-11-13 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dani Moncayo; +Cc: emacs-devel

I wrote a little report generator to check, and bzr revision numbers
are common across these branches.  That's good; it would have been
possible but quite difficult to fix things up if that weren't the case.

Here are the remnant ones I know about from your two previous emails

> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117669
> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117687
> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117689
> Revert 118323.
> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117691
> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117698
> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117702
> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117656
> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117634

117669	2014-08-08T14:35:40Z!ruediger@c-plusplus.de
117687	2014-08-11T13:16:31Z!jan.h.d@swipnet.se
117689	2014-08-11T20:15:59Z!sds@gnu.org
118323	2014-11-08T21:17:00Z!dmoncayo@gmail.com
117691	2014-08-12T02:47:36Z!monnier@iro.umontreal.ca
117698	2014-08-13T08:42:33Z!esr@thyrsus.com
117702	2014-08-13T18:10:15Z!eliz@gnu.org
117656	2014-08-06T18:19:34Z!ulf.jasper@web.de
117634	2014-08-02T22:52:55Z!fgallina@gnu.org

Clearly you're better at finding these than I am.  Can you report
any others that need to be fixed?

This won't be too bad.  Global search and replace over content blobs
takes forever but over comments it's fairly cheap. Especially since
I can restrict it to late 2014.

The men and women who founded our country knew, by experience, that there
are times when the free person's answer to oppressive government has to be
delivered with a bullet.  Thus, the right to bear arms is not just *a*
freedom; it's the mother of all freedoms.  Don't let them disarm you!

* Re: Remnant bzr revision numbers
@ 2014-11-13 14:39 ` Dani Moncayo
From: Dani Moncayo @ 2014-11-13 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S. Raymond; +Cc: Emacs development discussions

> Here are the remnant ones I know about from your two previous emails
>
>> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117669
>> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117687
>> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117689
>> Revert 118323.
>> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117691
>> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117698
>> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117702
>> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117656
>> Merge from emacs-24; up to 117634
>
> 117669  2014-08-08T14:35:40Z!ruediger@c-plusplus.de
> 117687  2014-08-11T13:16:31Z!jan.h.d@swipnet.se
> 117689  2014-08-11T20:15:59Z!sds@gnu.org
> 118323  2014-11-08T21:17:00Z!dmoncayo@gmail.com
> 117691  2014-08-12T02:47:36Z!monnier@iro.umontreal.ca
> 117698  2014-08-13T08:42:33Z!esr@thyrsus.com
> 117702  2014-08-13T18:10:15Z!eliz@gnu.org
> 117656  2014-08-06T18:19:34Z!ulf.jasper@web.de
> 117634  2014-08-02T22:52:55Z!fgallina@gnu.org
>
> [snip] Can you report any others that need to be fixed?

I've just done this:

  $ git log --grep="Merge from emacs-24; up to*" > report.txt

And I don't see more cases like these.  But note that there are two
different commits with the same message:

  Merge from emacs-24; up to 117669

--
Dani Moncayo

* Re: Remnant bzr revision numbers
@ 2014-11-13 15:03   ` Christoph
From: Christoph @ 2014-11-13 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dani Moncayo; +Cc: Eric S. Raymond, Emacs development discussions

Look at the commit in between those two. It looks like someone reverted the
first merge and then re-did it.

@ 2014-11-13 15:44     ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2014-11-13 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph; +Cc: Eric S. Raymond, Emacs development discussions, Dani Moncayo

Christoph <cschol2112@gmail.com> writes:

> Look at the commit in between those two. It looks like someone reverted the
> first merge and then re-did it.

The first one isn't a merge.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab@suse.de
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7