* completing-read: obarray/alist okay, hash-table not?
@ 2002-04-02 17:04 Sam Steingold
From: Sam Steingold @ 2002-04-02 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

why completing-read (and try-completion, all-completions &c) accept
obarray/alist as the second arg, but do not accept a hash table?

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>

* Re: completing-read: obarray/alist okay, hash-table not?
@ 2002-04-03  4:56 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-04-03  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    why completing-read (and try-completion, all-completions &c) accept
    obarray/alist as the second arg, but do not accept a hash table?

Nobody has updated it since hash tables were added to Emacs.
Do you want to implement allowing a hash table?

* Re: completing-read: obarray/alist okay, hash-table not?
@ 2002-04-03 14:46   ` Sam Steingold
From: Sam Steingold @ 2002-04-03 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> * In message <200204030456.g334ufI11887@aztec.santafe.edu>
> * On the subject of "Re: completing-read: obarray/alist okay, hash-table not?"
> * Sent on Tue, 2 Apr 2002 21:56:41 -0700 (MST)
> * Honorable Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:
>
>     why completing-read (and try-completion, all-completions &c) accept
>     obarray/alist as the second arg, but do not accept a hash table?
>
> Nobody has updated it since hash tables were added to Emacs.
> Do you want to implement allowing a hash table?

I prefer writing lisp, and this will have to be done in C.
I would rather see this done by someone who knows the Emacs
implementation of hash tables better.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>