* inserting <tab> in cc-mode, latest CVS
@ 2002-10-02  7:57 Bob Halley
From: Bob Halley @ 2002-10-02  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

I'm running the latest CVS (X11 mode) on RH 8 w/ a Marcelo 2.4.19
kernel.

Until recently, when using cc-mode if I wanted to do something like

        int                     foo;

i.e.

I would type C-q <tab> to insert each of the tabs.  This has stopped
working, and typing that sequence now inserts ^@ instead.  Typing C-q
C-i still works, however.

/Bob

* Re: inserting <tab> in cc-mode, latest CVS
@ 2002-10-02 13:01 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2002-10-02 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-pretest-bug, emacs-devel

> I'm running the latest CVS (X11 mode) on RH 8 w/ a Marcelo 2.4.19
> kernel.
>
> Until recently, when using cc-mode if I wanted to do something like
>
>         int                     foo;
>
> i.e.

> I would type C-q <tab> to insert each of the tabs.  This has stopped
> working, and typing that sequence now inserts ^@ instead.  Typing C-q
> C-i still works, however.

My bad, sorry.
I'll take care of it later.  Thanks for the report,

* Re: inserting <tab> in cc-mode, latest CVS
@ 2002-10-03 18:57 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2002-10-03 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-pretest-bug, emacs-devel

> I'm running the latest CVS (X11 mode) on RH 8 w/ a Marcelo 2.4.19
> kernel.
>
> Until recently, when using cc-mode if I wanted to do something like
>
>         int                     foo;
>
> i.e.

> I would type C-q <tab> to insert each of the tabs.  This has stopped
> working, and typing that sequence now inserts ^@ instead.  Typing C-q
> C-i still works, however.

Oh well.  It looks like my attempt to make C-q use read-key-sequence
is just not a good one.
I reverted the code to what it was in June before I started messing around
with it.  It should work again now.

* Re: inserting <tab> in cc-mode, latest CVS
@ 2002-10-04  6:21   ` Bob Halley
From: Bob Halley @ 2002-10-04  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-pretest-bug, emacs-devel

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/emacs/pretest@rum.cs.yale.edu> writes:

> I reverted the code to what it was in June before I started messing around
> with it.  It should work again now.

It works again.

Thanks!

/Bob