* Gnus smiley: transparent is taken to be white.
@ 2005-03-17 10:16 Rajsekar
From: Rajsekar @ 2005-03-17 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I like to use emacs with black background.  I use some png files for my
gnus smiley.  The problem is that the transparent portions of the png file
are rendered white (instead of black).  Is this a bug? any workarounds?

--
    Rajsekar Manokaran
    IIT Madras

* Re: Gnus smiley: transparent is taken to be white.
@ 2005-03-17 13:04 ` Gian Uberto Lauri
From: Gian Uberto Lauri @ 2005-03-17 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

R> I like to use emacs with black background.  I use some png files for my
R> gnus smiley.  The problem is that the transparent portions of the png file
R> are rendered white (instead of black).  Is this a bug? any workarounds?

If you use GIMP set the  background color to Black and check the "save
background color° check (could work with other programs)

--
 /\            ___
/___/\__|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____________________

* Re: Gnus smiley: transparent is taken to be white.
@ 2005-03-17 14:39   ` Rajsekar
From: Rajsekar @ 2005-03-17 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

GianUberto.Lauri@eng.it (Gian Uberto Lauri) writes:

> R> I like to use emacs with black background.  I use some png files for my
> R> gnus smiley.  The problem is that the transparent portions of the png file
> R> are rendered white (instead of black).  Is this a bug? any workarounds?
>
> If you use GIMP set the  background color to Black and check the "save
> background color° check (could work with other programs)

Yeah, I did something like that.  I flattened the image (in gimp), thus
removing the transparent portion, but isn't it more of a workaround?  The
transparent part is to tell the rendering application that it should put
the background color there.  I will have to take a look at smiley.el for
that.  Maybe after tomorrow's exam.

--
    Rajsekar Manokaran