* Re: [emacs] 02/02: Get rid of arbitrary gnutls length  limit
       [not found] ` <E1XqY2w-0007SO-Er@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2014-11-18 16:50   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-11-18 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

>     Get rid of arbitrary gnutls length limit

Please use ChangeLog-style message formatting.

* Re: [emacs] 02/02: Get rid of arbitrary gnutls length  limit
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2014-11-18 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

>>     Get rid of arbitrary gnutls length limit
>
> Please use ChangeLog-style message formatting.

When applying to the trunk, we're not going to keep any of the commits,
are we?  I though we were going to flatten the entire thing into one
commit, and for that the ChangeLog entries that are in there are
sufficient.

* Re: [emacs] 02/02: Get rid of arbitrary gnutls length  limit
@ 2014-11-18 17:38       ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-11-18 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: emacs-devel

>>> Get rid of arbitrary gnutls length limit
>> Please use ChangeLog-style message formatting.
> When applying to the trunk, we're not going to keep any of the commits,
> are we?  I though we were going to flatten the entire thing into one
> commit, and for that the ChangeLog entries that are in there are
> sufficient.

I think the branches in emacs.git should follow our coding guidelines
(just like they have to follow the copyright assignment policy).
We can be a bit more permissive if the final "merge" drops the metadata
(i.e. is not an actual merge), but I'd rather we try to follow the
same rules.  Otherwise we'll have two different kinds of branches
(those that can be merged, and those whose metadata needs to be thrown
away) and we need to keep track of which is which, and pay attention to
those details in the emacs-diffs we receive, etc...

* Re: [emacs] 02/02: Get rid of arbitrary gnutls length  limit
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2014-11-18 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I think the branches in emacs.git should follow our coding guidelines
> (just like they have to follow the copyright assignment policy).
> We can be a bit more permissive if the final "merge" drops the metadata
> (i.e. is not an actual merge), but I'd rather we try to follow the
> same rules.

Okidoke; I'll follow the same procedures in feature branches as on the
main branches in the future.