* ediff duplicate windows
@ 2002-10-09  6:32 Bob Halley
From: Bob Halley @ 2002-10-09  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Running CVS mainline on RH 8, Marcelo 2.4.19.

Create two files, "a" and "b".  Start emacs, load the files.  Choose
"Compare (Ediff)" and "Two Buffers" from the "Tools" menu.  the ediff
control window pops up.  If I then focus on that window and type something,
e.g. "?" for help, not only does the ediff window I typed in expand to
include the text, but it displays a new, full-sized frame open to the
same buffer.

* Re: ediff duplicate windows
@ 2002-10-13  7:02 ` Bob Halley
From: Bob Halley @ 2002-10-13  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Bob Halley <halley@play-bow.org> writes:

> Create two files, "a" and "b".  Start emacs, load the files.  Choose
> "Compare (Ediff)" and "Two Buffers" from the "Tools" menu.  the ediff
> control window pops up.  If I then focus on that window and type something,
> e.g. "?" for help, not only does the ediff window I typed in expand to
> include the text, but it displays a new, full-sized frame open to the
> same buffer.

Just a note to say that Michael Kifer's October 12 commit fixed this.

Thanks!

/Bob