* Re: Fancy completion
       [not found]     ` <sa3zkw4njqr.fsf@cigue.easter-eggs.fr>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-08-30 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: emacs-devel

Julien Danjou <julien@danjou.info> writes:

> Using `ido-completing-read' instead of `completing-read' if a user set
> gnus-use-ido' to t would be a good solution.

Hm...  I just tried replacing completing-read with the ido method, and
I got a backtrace.  So it wants a list instead of an obarray, but that's
easily enough fixed:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp [nntp+news\.gmane\.org:gmane\.comp\...
  reverse([nntp+news\.gmane\.org:gmane\.comp\.ide\.anjuta\.us/...
  ido-set-matches()
  ido-read-internal(list "Group: " gnus-group-history nil nil nil)
  ido-completing-read("Group: " [nnt...

> It seems org-mode is doing this that way.

But I wonder if that's the wrong way to do it.  Wouldn't it make more
sense for the user to say

(ido-mode '(buffer file gnus org))

and then for Gnus to look at the ido-mode variable?  This requires a
change in ido-mode, of course, but doesn't it seem like a more clean way
for all the various packages to integrate with ido?

I've crossposted this to the Emacs list for feedback.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-08-30 16:43 UTC | newest]